The shape of the ear and the nose are among the things that affect the general shape, which men and women care about because they are very noticeable. Therefore, Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology provide you with the best methods of ear surgery with the best otoplasty doctor in Hurghada. The shape of the ear affects the self-confidence and psyche of the person. So men grow their hair long to hide the shape of the ear if its shape is inconsistent. While women try to straighten their hair all the time so that no one notices their ears.
But the treatment of prominent, bat, or even large ears has become widely circulated all over the world. As modern and successful technologies have emerged. Therefore, Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology in Hurghada offers you the best the best surgeon . As well as the latest medical devices and technologies used globally in otoplasty. Enjoy a natural look for your ear with Nadara Clinic in Hurghada.
What is Otoplasty?
Otoplasty relies on correcting the shape and size of the ear and it is also called otoplasty. It is a surgical procedure that aims to beautify and change the shape or size of the ear. As a result of congenital deformities, an accident, or psychological problems. Their normal growth should have been completed until the age of 6 years.
In addition to the possibility of treating them immediately after birth if the ears are prominent. The treatment is done by splinting only because the cartilages are soft and easy to shape. The ear is made up of a group of cartilage; . Like the nose, so its shape can be changed through the cartilage to reach the best shape consistent with the size of the head.
Cases that require the intervention of an Otoplasty doctor in Hurghada
Many cases require surgical intervention and ear plastic surgery, the most important of which are:
- A condition where the ear is prominent, i.e. far from the head, and it is the most common case.
- Cases of no folds in the ear.
- Those with incomplete ear development.
- The ear is larger than the face.
- Birth with deformities, as well as birth defects, whether in one ear or both.
Types of ear plastic surgery in Hurghada
There are different types of ear plastic surgery in Hurghada, such as:
- Ear reduction surgery.
- Earlobe reduction surgery.
- Ear correction surgery after accidents.
- Scar treatment surgery.
- Earlobe split correction surgery.
Conditions for performing ear plastic surgery in Hurghada
To perform otoplasty in Hurghada, you must meet the following conditions, such as:
- Ear growth is complete, so the operation can be performed for children, but after the age of six.
- The patient's good health.
- It is performed under general anesthesia for children and under local anesthesia.
What is the best age for the intervention of an Otoplasty doctor in Hurghada?
As we mentioned before, the growth of the ear must be completed. So ear plastic surgery can be performed after the age of six. As the doctor ensures that the cartilage and the entire ear have completed their growth naturally.
Duration of otoplasty in Hurghada
The time it takes to perform ear plastic surgery depends on the condition of each patient. But it often takes about an hour and a half.
The instructions of Otoplasty doctor in Hurghada before the operation
- Otoplasty is a delicate procedure, as the ear is an important vital organ in the human body. Therefore, choose an Otoplasty doctor in Hurghada with experience and scientific certificates. As well as choose the best medical centre. You will find the best medical staff at Nadara Clinic in Hurghada and the Red Sea. The clinic is also equipped at the highest level with new devices and technologies. To restore your self-confidence and enjoy a beautiful and harmonious appearance.
- Inform the plastic surgery doctor at Nadara Clinic of your disease history. And also if your ear has exposed you to any infection or you have undergone any surgeries. As well as if you are taking any medications or treatments for your ear.
- The doctor will examine the ear and its size and symmetry. Besides, The doctor will also take pictures of your ear from different angles.
- The doctor will also assess your health condition and whether you are eligible for otoplasty or not.
- Discuss with Otoplasty doctor in Hurghada your expectations about the procedure, the possible outcome, and the side effects.
Follow the otoplasty doctor's instructions before otoplasty
- Avoid taking aspirin, herbal supplements, and blood thinners, which may increase the risk of bleeding.
- Stop smoking at least two weeks before otoplasty, because smoking reduces blood flow to the skin, which slows recovery.
- Do not wear any jewelry or accessories during the procedure.
- You may take a shower before going to the clinic for the procedure.
- Wear wide-collared clothes or shirts to avoid any friction with the ear while undressing.
Ear plastic surgery steps in Hurghada
Otoplasty usually does not take more than an hour and a half, unless there are deformities or an accident that requires more procedures. The doctor at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and cosmetology takes the following steps:
First: cleaning and disinfecting the ear
The doctor cleans the ear with medical antiseptics to ensure that no infection occurs when making the surgical incision.
The anesthesiologist does local anesthesia for the ear, while for children, total anesthesia can be performed, provided that the child does not eat food for 8 hours before the operation.
Third: make the surgical incision
The surgeon at Nadara Clinic in Hurghada makes a surgical incision or perhaps several incisions according to each case:
- In the case of a prominent ear, a surgical incision is made behind the ear and at angles so that it is not visible, then a quantity of skin is removed, and the cartilage is attached to the tissue, so no trace of the operation is visible from the front part.
- In the case of deformities or other conditions: the shape of the cartilage is changed by making more than one incision, as the cartilage is what forms the shape and size of the ear, so doctors resort to changing it to correct the shape of the ear.
- Reducing the ear: A light sanding of the cartilage is done, or the ear is bent back in a way that does not harm the tissues.
- In the absence of folds in the ear: the cartilage is released from the pressure of the skin and then bent back.
Fourth: suturing the wound
The surgeon sutures the incisions with cosmetic thread as well as it can be a thread that dissolves on its own.
Fifth: Covering the surgical incision
The incision is covered by applying pressure bandages to stop blood flow between the tissues.
The patient waits until the doctor stabilizes his condition.
Seventh: Follow-up with an Otoplasty doctor in Hurghada
The surgeon and plastic surgeon sets a follow-up appointment after 5 days, where the pressure bandage is removed and the suture is loosened if it is of the type that does not dissolve.
Side effects after ear correction surgery in Hurghada
Like any surgery, it will have temporary side effects, but they will disappear with following the doctor's instructions, such as:
- Ear swelling
- The color of the ear has changed to red.
- Feeling some pain in the ear, but the doctor at Nadara Clinic in the Red Sea Governorate will prescribe the necessary painkillers for you.
- Feeling itchy in the ear.
The instructions of the Otoplasty doctor in Hurghada after ear correction surgery in Hurghada
- Take the painkillers prescribed by the doctor to relieve pain.
- Your doctor will prescribe an antibiotic to ensure there is no infection.
- Care must be taken not to sleep on both sides so as not to put too much pressure on the ear that affects the success of the operation.
- Protect the ear from any trauma by wearing a headband or tennis headband for a few weeks.
- Avoid rubbing or touching the ear.
- Wear wide-necked shirts to avoid rubbing your ears while you're dressing.
- Avoid strenuous activities, as well as sports such as running, swimming, or weightlifting.
- Not taking a shower until the wound has healed, so as not to get infected, and avoiding warm water or saunas.
- Do not wear sunglasses or medical glasses so as not to put pressure on the ear.
- You can apply cold compresses to reduce swelling by consulting a doctor.
- Stop smoking after the operation as well so that it does not affect the speed of recovery and wound healing.
- Eat healthy food, vegetables and fruits rich in fiber.
The result of otoplasty surgery in Hurghada
It often appears as a result of ear correction surgery immediately after the end of the operation, but it is accompanied by some temporary side effects such as swelling and redness. But after removing the bandages after 5 to 7 days, you will notice the result, especially in the process of treating prominent ears. In addition, the final result will appear after all side effects have ended, after 6 weeks. However, all instructions of the surgeon at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology in the Red Sea Governorate must be adhered to.
Other methods of otoplasty in Hurghada
As a result of the development of medicine, many methods of otoplasty have emerged, such as:
It is one of the latest techniques currently used in otoplasty. This technique relies on the use of carbon dioxide lasers to reduce the size of the cartilage in the ear from the back. In addition, it is used to reshape the folds of the auricle in a way that brings the ear closer to the head to reduce its prominence.
Steps of laser otoplasty
- At Nadara Clinic, the doctor marks the area that he will target with the pen.
- The area is cleaned well.
- The doctor numbs the ear with a local anesthetic cream and waits for a quarter to half an hour for the anesthetic to take effect.
- The doctor and patient put on glasses to protect the eyes from laser radiation.
- Otoplasty doctor in Hurghada at Nadara Clinic makes an incision at the cartilage or the target area.
- The doctor shines laser beams for a specific period of time on the target cartilage or tissue to dissolve it.
- If there is a need for suturing, the doctor will do so and determine with the patient when the suture will be removed or left if it dissolves in the skin tissue.
The result of laser otoplasty
The results of laser otoplasty appear immediately upon completion, but are accompanied by some side effects that quickly disappear within a week.
Otoplasty with threads
It is one of the safe cosmetic methods in which threads are implanted behind the ear and pulled towards the head to reduce its prominence. Therefore, it is used more in cases of protruding ear or bat ear. This method is also used for children because their cartilage is soft and easy to pull back. In addition, local anesthesia is used in ear surgery with threads.
Otoplasty steps with threads
- The ear is cleared.
- The doctor performs local anesthesia in the ear and waits for its effect to appear. In the case of children who moves a lot, general anesthesia may be applied.
- The doctor inserts the threads into the ear from behind and then attaches them to the head tissue without making any incisions.
- The process ends in a short time that may be 10 to 15 minutes only.
- The doctor sets a follow-up appointment to follow up on the results of the operation.
The result of otoplasty with threads
The result appears immediately after the completion of the operation, and the ear appears better close to the head.
Ear plastic surgery
This method is used in otoplasty with metal strips in certain cases determined by the plastic surgeon at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology in Hurghada and the Red Sea. The metal flap otoplasty technique relies on placing a small metal flap in a specific part of the cartilage in the ear pinna. Also, this slice is the same color as the skin, and the doctor does not need a long time in this process. In addition, this technique depends on the elasticity of the cartilage, and this differs from one patient to another.
Steps of otoplasty with a metal chip
- The doctor identifies the target cartilage that will be inserted into the flap.
- Local anesthesia is applied to the ear and the doctor waits for a quarter of an hour until the ear becomes numb.
- Otoplasty doctor in Hurghada at Nadara Clinic makes an incision in the targeted cartilage.
- The doctor installs the metal bracket in the ear in order to fold the cartilage more and reduce the size and protrusion of the ear outward.
- The operation is completed in only about 20 minutes, and the doctor sets a follow-up appointment.
The result of otoplasty with a metal chip
The result appears immediately after the completion of the process and does not require a recovery period.
Complications that should go to the otoplasty doctor as soon as they appear
Like any surgery, some complications may occur if the appropriate place with a good reputation and equipped with modern equipment is not chosen, as well as choosing a plastic surgery doctor with a high degree of experience and high scientific degrees. Among the symptoms that may occur if you ignore the above are the following, such as:
- Infection of the wound.
- The appearance of sensitivity as a result of one of the tools used in the operation, such as medical adhesive tape or other tools used.
- The appearance of a scar if the surgeon is not professional in hiding it behind the ear, and this varies from one case to another according to the condition of the ear.
- Ear asymmetry if ear correction surgery is not successful.
- Insensitivity to the skin in the ear area even after the anesthesia wears off.
- Dermatitis as a result of suture removal and may require additional surgery.
- The appearance of the ear is abnormal as it is fixed backwards as a result of excessive correction.
- Asymmetry in the size of the ears as a result of operations in Hurghada and a case of ear plastic surgery again.
- But you do not need to worry about these symptoms, you should only resort to the best doctors in the field of dermatology, surgery and plastic surgery so that these complications do not occur.
Who are not candidates for otoplasty?
There are some cases that should not undergo ear plastic surgery and reconstruction so as not to cause serious complications, because they are not eligible for such an operation, and they are:
- Pregnant women.
- Lactating women.
- People with inflammation or infection in the ear.
Ear plastic surgery prices in Hurghada
The cost of ear plastic surgery in Hurghada varies according to the price of the examination, as well as from one case to another, as the price of prominent ear plastic surgery differs from small ear plastic surgery, but they all range from 15,000 to 30,000 Egyptian pounds in Egypt. Among the most important factors affecting the price, such as:
- The condition and deformity of the ear.
- The method of otoplasty, whether surgical, threads or laser, differs from one type to another.
- Academic degrees and certificates that the Otolaryngologist has.
- The location and reputation of the beauty clinic and the extent of modern equipment and techniques.
- The price also includes the anesthesiologist.
The best otoplasty doctor in Nadara Clinic in Hurghada
Otoplasty is not only what Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology offers you in Hurghada and the Red Sea, but there are also many surgical and non-surgical plastic surgeries such as Rhinoplasty. There are also other operations other than rhinoplasty, such as: Hair Transplant, liposuction, Body sculpting, Autologous fat injectionbutt augmentation, as breast augmentation and also Skin tag removal. In addition to beautifying the skin by hiding wrinkles and fine lines with injections Botox andfiller injections and plasma injection and Skin Booster Sessions in The best beauty clinic in Hurghada and the Red Sea.
You can also take advantage of the many uses of lasers in service Hair removal tattoo removal and get rid of markes of acne, burns and scars. In addition to treating all skin diseases with of the best dermatologist in Hurghada such as melasma, freckles, vitiligo, psoriasis, eczema…etc.
In the end, the shape of the ear affects both the large and the small, as it is very noticeable and difficult to hide, which affects the psyche of the person, whether a man or a woman. Therefore, Nadara Clinic provides you with the best ways to perform otoplasty in Hurghada, the Red Sea. Nadara Clinic will support you to achieve the right shape and size for your facial features and head size, so you don't have to worry anymore. What are you waiting for hurry up and book your appointment and enjoy the best Cosmetic treatments and general services with the best doctors who provide otoplasty and seek patients to reach the highest levels of beauty and self-satisfaction.
How can I book an appointment with a plastic surgeon?
How much is the cost of bat ear surgery?
The price of bat ear plastic surgery varies according to each case and its needs, but the price often ranges from 15,000 to 25,000 Egyptian pounds, depending on the choice of the doctor, the equipment of the plastic surgery clinic, and the cost of the anesthesiologist.
When will the results of ear plastic surgery appear?
If you follow the doctor's instructions not to make a hard effort, not to be exposed to the sun, avoid smoking and taking blood thinners, as well as applying a pressure bandage, the results will appear 6 weeks after the ear surgery after the symptoms of swelling and redness have disappeared.
Is otoplasty painful?
Otoplasty is not performed without anesthesia, whether total or local, depending on the age of the patient and your commitment to immobility, so you will feel slight pain after the operation. The surgeon at Nadara Clinic in Hurghada will prescribe an analgesic for you so that you will not feel pain after the anesthesia wears off.
Is otoplasty dangerous?
Failure to choose an experienced and qualified doctor, as well as not choosing a medical center with the latest equipment and a good reputation, may lead to risks such as scars, infection, inflammation or bleeding.
How is the operation of bat ears with threads?
Bat ear surgery with threads is done by implanting threads behind the ear to pull it in the direction of the head. It is often used for children because their cartilage is soft and easy to shape, as well as because it is a safe method.
What is the reason for the large ear?
There are many reasons that cause the ear to enlarge and the auricle to protrude, such as incomplete cartilage growth or containing more cartilage. Ear enlargement can also be due to accidents and injuries.