Breast augmentation is one of the surgical procedures offered by nadara clinic for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser in Hurghada.
Women feel more confident having this type of operation, but for some it is part of breast reconstruction due to various medical conditions.
Let us know in this article the reasons for choosing breast augmentation, and how it is done? What are the potential risks when performing it?
What are breast augmentation surgeries?
Breast augmentation surgeries are surgeries to increase breast size and involve placing implants under breast tissue or chest muscles.
There are types of breast implants and they include the following:
- saline implants
These implants are filled with a sterile saline solution, such as salt water, and the solution is kept inside a silicone elastomer sleeve.
These implants can be filled with different amounts of saline, which affects the feel, firmness and shape of the breast.
If saline is leaked, it is absorbed by the body and excreted naturally.
- Gel-filled silicone implants
It consists of a silicone outer sheath that is also filled with silicone gel. If the implant leaks, the gel will either remain in the sheath or go into the breast implant pocket.
The leaky silicone-filled implant may or may not collapse.
So when you choose this type of surgery, the plastic surgeon at nadara clinic for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser in Hurghada asks you for some tests.
These tests include an MRI or ultrasound scan to check the condition of the implants.
- Combined implants
Alternative composite implants containing Polypropylene, soybean oil, or some other substance.
- Stable breast implants
These implants hold their shape even if they break. They are made of thick silicone gel, and this type is stronger than traditional implants.
However, these implants require a longer incision in the skin.
- Round breast implants
These implants make the breast appear fuller, because they are round and fill the entire breast, and they maintain the appearance of the breast if it is rotated out of place.
- Soft breast implants
This type is the softest of the different types of implants, and it usually makes the movement of the breast appear more natural than other augmentations.
- Tight breast implants
These implants create scar tissue to adhere to the implant, making it less likely to move within the breast.
Breast augmentation by fat transfer
The plastic surgeon at Nadara Skin, Aesthetic and Laser Center in Hurghada transfers fat from another area of your body, and then injects it into the breast.
This type of breast augmentation occurs in cases where a relatively small increase in breast size is required.
Fat is often taken from one of the following areas:
- The abdomen.
- The flanks (the sides and the lower abdomen from the back).
- The back
You can also read : Plasma body sculpting.
Advantages of breast augmentation surgery
Some women resort to breast augmentation for the following purposes:
- Enlarge small breasts naturally.
- Restore breast size and shape after pregnancy, weight loss or breastfeeding.
- Restore symmetry when the breasts are asymmetrical.
- Breast reconstruction after surgery.
- This reconstructive operation can be performed as part of a treatment breast cancer.
Instructions before breast augmentation operations
The plastic surgeon performs a thorough physical exam, asking about the most important medications you're taking, as well as if you have any illnesses.
You may be asked to:
- blood test.
- Quit Smoking.
- Avoid certain types of foods or drinks.
- Avoid taking aspirin and some anti-inflammatory medications, as they can increase bleeding.
It is very important to follow any instructions given to you by your surgeon at nadara Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser Center in Hurghada before your surgery.
This will help the breast augmentation operations to be performed more smoothly and you will reach the point of full recovery correctly.
The process takes between 60 and 90 minutes and includes several steps, namely:
The case is under general anaesthesia.
This step can be done in one of the following ways:
- Through the crease under the breast (known as the inframammary fold).
- Along the edge of the areola (the fissure around the cortex).
- across the armpit.
- Insertion of the implant
The doctor separates the breast tissue from the muscle and connective tissue in the chest, creating a pocket-like space, and then inserts the implant.
There are two different ways to insert the implant:
- Under the breast tissue and in front of the muscle.
- Behind the breast muscle (pectoral muscle).
The placement of the implants depends on several factors including: the type of implant you choose, and how much your breasts have increased in size.
- incision closure
After the implants have been placed, the doctor closes the incision sites by sewing them together, to seal them tightly, and may place tubes to drain any fluid that may form.
The breast is covered with a bandage, and the patient wears a bra, for additional support.
- You can leave the medical center on the same day.
- These operations change the size and shape of the breast, giving you an attractive appearance.
- You can get a pain reliever if you feel any discomfort.
- The surgeon removes the stitches after 1-2 weeks (unless the stitches are dissolving).
- You can return to most of your normal activities after 6 weeks, and the scars will also begin to fade.
- Your breasts begin to look more natural after a few months, and you may not need to wear a sports bra.
You can also read : Liposuction and body sculpting with Vaser.
What are the instructions that should be followed after breast augmentation operations?
- A sports bra should be worn for up to 3 months after surgery.
- Full recovery from surgery may take a few weeks, so it's best to take a week or two off work.
- Avoid lifting weights or doing strenuous exercise for at least a month.
- Silicone implant ruptures should be checked 5-6 years after surgery, and then every 2-3 years.
Possible complications and side effects
Some side effects of these operations can occur as with any other operation and include the following:
- Allergic reaction in the nipple area.
- Some bruises appear, but they disappear over time.
- Bleeding, which is rare.
- Breast augmentation may hinder breastfeeding.
Although rare, immediate complications of breast augmentation can include:
- Wound healing problems.
There are some side effects that do occur over time and include the following:
- capsule shrinkage;
- Sagging implants, which can lead to drooping breasts.
- Fluid formation around the implant.
- Implant rupture or retraction.
You can contact the plastic surgeon at nadara clinic for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser in Hurghada as soon as possible if any of the following occurs:
- An abnormally high body temperature.
- Severe redness of the breast.
- Shortness of breath.
- Unbearable pain in the chest.
How long does the effect of breast augmentation last?
Breast implants don't last a lifetime, so you'll likely replace them about 10 years after your first procedure.
Factors such as advanced age, weight gain or loss can alter the shape of your breasts, sometimes prompting you for further surgery.
In conclusion, breast augmentation operations give you perfect results without any complications using the latest technologies provided by plastic surgery specialists at nadara clinic for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser.
Book your appointment now without hesitation and regain your confidence.