Hair is the crown of the head - do not worry about losing it or falling out - Freshness Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser in Hurghada offers you the best hair loss treatment.
Causes of hair loss
A person can lose 50-100 hairs a day without noticing it, this may seem normal and not a cause for concern because new hair grows at the same time.
But sometimes it can be a sign of a medical condition that warrants a referral to a doctor.
Hair loss occurs when new hair does not replace the lost hair, and is related to one or more of the following factors, including the following:
- family history
It is the most common cause of hair loss, and it is a genetic condition that occurs with age, and this condition is calledAndrogenetic alopecia.
Male pattern baldness and female pattern baldness usually occur gradually and in predictable forms.
In men, the hairline recedes, and in women there is less hair along the crown of the scalp.
- Hormonal changes and some medical conditions
Hair can fall out permanently or temporarily, because of the following:
- Hormonal changes, especially those caused by pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, and some thyroid problems.
- Alopecia areata, which is linked to the immune system and causes patchy hair loss.
- Scalp infections.
- Trichotillomania hair-pulling disorder.
- Some medicines and supplements
Hair falls as a side effect of using certain medications in the following cases:
- heart problems;
- Radiation therapy to the head
In this case, the hair does not grow as before.
- Exposure to crises and shocks
Hair loss in this case is temporary and returns to normal after several months.
- different hairstyles
Excessive hair styling, or styles that pull hair tightly, can cause a type of hair loss called traction alopecia.
Hot oil treatment and its components also cause temporary hair loss and scarring.
Risk factors that cause increased hair loss
There are several factors that can increase the risk of hair loss, including the following:
- the age.
- Significantly lost weight.
- Pressure nervous.
Hair loss symptoms
Signs of hair loss include:
- Gradual thinning at the top of the hair.
- Circular or patchy bald patches on the scalp or beard, as well as the eyebrows, in which the skin feels itchy or sore before hair loss.
- Sudden hair loss when combing or washing.
- Complete hair loss in the case of chemotherapy.
- Patches of scaling spread on the scalp, which is a sign of ringworm, and is accompanied by brittle hair.
You can also read : Laser hair removal in Hurghada.
hair loss diagnosis
In it, the doctor asks about your diet, hair care routine, medical and family history, and you may undergo some tests such as:
- A blood test, which helps detect medical conditions that cause hair loss.
- Scalp biopsy. The doctor takes samples of the skin or from a few swollen hairs from the scalp to examine the hair roots under a microscope.
(This helps determine whether the infection is causing hair loss or not?)
hair loss treatment
Our doctors at Nadhara Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser Center take some steps for treatment, and after a comprehensive examination and detection to determine the cause of the hair loss problem, the treatment is as follows:
- Minoxidil, which is used to treat alopecia areata and androgenetic alopecia.
- Finasteride, which is the most important drug used to treat baldness, especially in men.
- Corticosteroids are injected into the scalp to treat partial alopecia and are used in tablet form.
- Anthralin, which is available in the form of an ointment, is applied to the scalp to treat psoriasis.
Treatment can only be with medication, but if surgical intervention is required, the treatment is as follows:
hair transplant surgery
In the most common types of loss, only the top is affected, so hair transplantation or reconstructive surgery makes the most of the remaining hair.
The doctor sterilizes the area from which the hair will be removed, thoroughly cleans the scalp and numbs it with a local anesthetic before beginning the transplant.
There are two ways to obtain hair follicles that will be transplanted:
- Hair Follicle Unit Transplant (FUT)
The doctor follows these steps:
- He removes a piece of the scalp - usually from the back - with a scalpel, about 6 to 10 inches in size, and can extend from ear to ear.
- The area from which the scalp was removed is closed with stitches.
- The scalp strip is separated into smaller pieces, then the piece is divided into 2,000 smaller parts called grafts.
(Some of these grafts may contain only one hair each)
- Small holes are made using a needle or blade where the hair will be transplanted.
- The hair from the removed scalp is inserted into the puncture holes. This step is called grafting.
- Covers the surgical sites with bandages or gauze.
The exact number of grafts you receive depends on the following:
- hair type.
- The size of the implant site.
- hair quality.
- hair colour.
- FUE technique
The following happens in it:
- The doctor shaves the hair from the back of the head.
- Then he takes individual follicles from the skin of the scalp (you will see small marks where each follicle is removed).
- As in the case of a hair follicle unit transplantation, he makes small holes and then covers them with bandages.
The two steps (FUT, FUE) can take several hours to days to complete, and once the surgery is complete the doctor carefully removes the dressings.
Expected results from hair loss treatment using transplantation technique
- The area can swell slightly, so the doctor injects triamcinolone to reduce the swelling.
- You will likely feel pain at either the transplant site, or the area where the hair was taken for the next few days and your doctor may prescribe:
- Pain relievers such as ibuprofen (Advil).
- Antibiotics to prevent infections.
- Anti-inflammatories such as an oral steroid.
- Some hair may fall out, but don't worry it's part of the process.
- It is expected that the transplanted hair will be delayed for 90 days and begin to match the surrounding hair from the sixth month.
- You will be able to return to work or to normal activities in just 3 days.
Aftercare tips for hair transplantation:
- Do not wash the hair until several days after the surgery, only use a mild shampoo for the first weeks.
- Do not use the brush or try to comb the new follicles for at least 3 weeks.
- Do not wear any hats or head coverings before consulting your doctor.
- Not exercising for a week.
Read also: Hair plasma sessions.
Mesotherapy for hair loss
It is a technique that uses injections of vitamins, enzymes, and hormones to preserve hair follicle stem cells.
It happens through a combination of:
- growth factors.
- Organic psyllium.
- Hyaluronic acid.
This type of hair loss treatment works on:
- Enhance scalp immunity and rejuvenate hair follicles.
- Reduce scalp inflammation that occurs due to psoriasis or dandruff.
- Maintains a healthy environment for hair growth.
- Restore normal PH levels that affect the skin's ability to fight infection specific to the scalp.
You can also read : Mesotherapy for hair problems.
Other ways to treat hair loss
Hair loss can be treated with:
- Immunotherapy using a specific chemical.
- Phototherapy, by shining ultraviolet light on bald spots.
- Scalp reduction surgery.
After we have learned about the methods of treating hair loss, you can get these wonderful results and the distinguished service at the Freshness Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser in Hurghada.