Nail fungus is one of the things that bother many women and men alike, because it greatly affects the appearance, and sometimes the fungal nail is painful, so Nadara Clinic provides you with the best nail fungus treatment in Hurghada. Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology is the best center or Beauty clinic in Hurghada It provides the best treatments for all dermatological and cosmetic diseases. It also includes the best selection of doctors with practical experience and high scientific qualifications in plastic medicine and surgery. In addition, Nadara Clinic is keen to provide the best treatment services with the use of the latest international devices and technologies to reach the best possible result. So you don't have to worry about nail fungus because you will get the best treatment with the best nail fungus treatment doctor in Hurghada at Nadara Clinic.
What is nail fungus?
Nail fungus is a skin disease that occurs as a result of a common fungal infection that affects the nails. It is also called fungal nail infection or nail tinea. It also appears between the nail and the skin in the form of white spots in the nails, especially under the tips of the nails. It may take on a white or yellowish-brown color. In addition, it is common in the toenails as well as the hands, but the most common spread is toenail fungus, and it is called “tinea pedisor “onychomycosis” or “fungal nail” and this is due to many factors such as neglect of the foot. It may be painful, increase the thickness of the nail, harden the edges of the skin bordering the nail, and the tips of the nail may crumble due to the presence of nail fungus. In addition, it affects the general appearance and personal hygiene of the individual. Therefore, Nadara Clinic provides you with the best nail fungus treatment doctor.
Causes of nail fungus
The main cause of nail fungal infection is infection with a type of fungus, the most common of which is called a dermatophyte. It can also be caused by infection with other things such as bacteria, mold, or yeast. And often bacteria cause a green or black color. One of the most important factors for infection with these fungi and bacteria is contact with surfaces that have bacteria or fungi on them.
Types of nail fungus
There are more than one type of nail fungus that may affect the hands or feet, such as:
1- Superficial white nail fungus
It appears as pale white spots sometimes on the nails. It also sometimes begins to spread from its center to the tips of the nail, and when it is neglected to treat it, it spreads in the entire nail and the fungus covers the entire surface of the nail.
2- Nearby nail fungus
It is most common in people with a weakened immune system. As a result, the fungus completely destroys the nail, so this fungus is called “atrophic nail fungus.” In this case, you will find that the nail is thick and dark in color. You should consult a doctor as soon as possible because the nail fungus may spread the infection to the surrounding people.
Factors that increase the possibility of fungal infection
Among the most important factors that lead to the risk of nail fungus infection in the feet or hands, such as:
- Old age.
- Previous skin diseases.
- Wearing sweaty and damp shoes, which makes it a suitable environment for the growth of bacteria and fungi.
- My history of athlete's foot.
- Contact with objects such as mold or yeast, which leads to the spread of fungal infection.
- Not sterilizing pedicure tools in the beauty salon you go to.
- Sharing manicure and personal tools with others.
- Walking barefoot in wet places like gyms and swimming pools.
- Weakened immune system.
Symptoms of nail fungus
You should note the symptoms of nail fungus, such as:
- Change in nail color.
- Increased nail thickness.
- The edges of the nail are crumbling or roughness.
- Increased brittleness of nails.
- Separation of the nail from its base.
- An unpleasant odor coming from the nail.
Stages of nail fungus infection
The fungal nail passes gradually after infection with nail fungus, which are as follows:
First: The fungus begins to grow from the side of the nail.
Second: The color of the nail begins to change gradually, as it often becomes yellow, then light brown.
Third: The nail becomes brittle and parts of it break off, and it may fall out of its place.
Fourth: If medical treatment is not done, the fungus spreads and the skin around the nail becomes hard.
Complications of nail fungus
In the event that there is weak immunity or the patient has diabetes, neglecting nail fungus treatment may lead to many complications, such as:
- Serious infections.
- The spread of infection.
- Damage to the internal parts of the body.
- poisoning of the body;
- Painful and sharp pain.
- Chronic and terminal nail loss.
Instructions before treating nail fungus in Hurghada
First: When treating nail fungus, choose a beauty clinic or medical center that is guaranteed and has a good reputation, such as Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology in Hurghada and the Red Sea. Nadara Clinic also includes the best doctors with experience in treating nail fungus and other skin diseases. In addition to keeping abreast of the latest developments and devices in the world of cosmetics and dermatology.
Second: Inform the doctor of the medical history and if you suffer from any other skin diseases or if you have diabetes.
Third: You must tell the doctor who treats nail fungus about any treatments and medications you are taking so that the treatments do not conflict with each other.
Fourth: The doctor examined the nail well.
Fifth: Follow the instructions of the dermatologist at Nadara Clinic in Hurghada, such as:
Stop taking vitamins and supplements.
Do not take blood thinners or medicines containing aspirin or ibuprofen.
Avoid smoking because it delays results.
Ensure that the nail is clean before starting treatment.
Methods of treating nail fungus in Hurghada
There are many ways to treat nail fungus, which will be determined by the doctor at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology in Hurghada and the Red Sea, based on your condition, such as:
First: oral antifungals
Doctors resort to oral treatment according to each case and the extent of nail fungus infection. But unlike other treatments, oral antifungals are fast-acting. Examples of these oral treatments that treat nail fungus include:
Second: topical antifungals
Your dermatologist may recommend a topical treatment, which is topical antifungals. However, this method is characterized by the fact that you need to wait for the time until you see the result. So the result may appear after about six to twelve weeks.
Third: medical nail polish
The treatment of toenail fungus or hands varies, as there is also medical nail polish, which is applied for a week and then wiped with alcohol. The doctor will advise you to continue treatment with medical nail polish for at least a year, with continuous follow-up with a dermatologist to follow up on results or change treatment. Ciclopirox nail polish is often used.
Fourth: laser treatment
The idea of treating nail fungus with laser depends on getting rid of the area affected by the fungus so that the infection does not spread to the surrounding areas, whether it is the skin or the nail. However, laser treatment is not suitable for all cases, so a dermatologist is appointed at Nadara Clinic in Hurghada. The laser is used especially in the treatment of toenail fungus, as the laser penetrates the toenails and tissues and kills the fungus, allowing the growth of a healthy, healthy nail free from fungus.
Types of lasers used in the treatment of nail fungus in Hurghada
There are many modern technologies that you can use to treat the fungal nail, and the most important of these types that have been approved and with more than 870 nm, 930 nm, and 1320 nm wavelengths.
- laser CO2.
- Yttrium-aluminium-garnet laser.
How does laser technology work in the treatment of fungal nail?
The laser technology used in the treatment of fungal nail relies on the emission of pulses of energy that generate heat. The dermatologist directs these rays on the nail, which penetrates the nail and reaches the location of the fungus, and the heat works to decompose the infected tissue. The heat also destroys the fungus and the nail and the surrounding skin. In addition, the laser beams sterilize the area, which prevents the growth of fungus again.
The number of laser sessions to treat nail fungus
The number of laser sessions used to treat nail fungus varies from one patient to another. Where it may reach from 6 to 18 months until the fungus is completely eliminated. This is what the dermatologist at Nadara Clinic will determine for you.
Benefits of laser nail fungus treatment
There are many advantages of laser nail fungus treatment, such as:
- Eliminate fungus completely
- Laser waves contribute to the elimination of fungi, so it is the best treatment.
- Minor side effects
- You may not need anesthesia, as the laser is easy to use and its side effects are very simple.
- treatment speed
- Directing laser beams is faster than surgical procedures or applying creams and waiting for them to be absorbed. The laser session usually takes 5 to 15 minutes.
- Fast results
- You will feel the result gradually as the sessions continue.
- You don't need a long recovery time
- The side effects will end quickly and the recovery will begin and the swelling will decrease quickly until scar tissue forms.
Steps to treat nail fungus with laser
- The dermatologist at Nadara Clinic thoroughly sterilizes and disinfects the nail.
- Local anesthesia can be applied to the patient's complete comfort and not to feel any tingling.
- The doctor directs the most famous laser device on the nail affected by the fungus so that the laser beams penetrate the nail and destroy the fungus.
- The patient will need more than one session, and this is what the doctor will determine at Nadara Clinic in Hurghada in order to completely eliminate the fungus to ensure that it does not grow again.
- Your nail fungus doctor will keep track of the results.
Instructions after laser nail fungus treatment
Laser is one of the best treatments because soon you will return to your normal life, but you must follow the instructions of the dermatologist at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology in Hurghada and the Red Sea, such as:
- Make sure to dry your feet and hands after cleaning them.
- After applying the treatment to the nail, hands should be washed well.
- Washing and sterilizing socks well, especially after treatment.
- Clean the feet regularly.
- Avoid a humid environment, whether for hands or feet, such as public bathrooms and basins, and changing rooms.
- Avoid applying nail polish or artificial nails during treatment.
People who are not candidates for laser nail fungus treatment
Laser treatment is an effective treatment, but it may lead to complications for some cases that suffer from other diseases, such as:
- Pregnant and lactating women.
- People with diabetes.
- Those who suffer from pigmentation lesions.
- Patients with neurological diseases.
- Patients with arterial insufficiency and blood flow.
Fifth: Surgery to treat nail fungus in Hurghada
The last solution that the dermatologist has to resort to in the case of nail fungus is surgery, and this is in advanced cases or in which no promising results have been shown by other treatment methods. This surgery depends on removing the entire nail and applying anti-fungal materials directly to the area under the removed nail, so it is effective in this case.
Steps to treat nail fungus surgery in Hurghada
- The surgeon at Nadara Clinic sterilizes the nail well.
- The nails are anesthetized with local anesthesia and wait for a quarter of an hour until the anesthetic takes effect.
- The surgeon begins the process by using his tools to remove the entire nail.
- The doctor places the antifungal on the fungus-affected area.
- The nail fungus treatment doctor sets a follow-up appointment with the patient to monitor the condition of the nail after surgery.
Side effects after nail removal surgery and nail fungus treatment
Like any surgery, you will feel pain after the local anesthetic wears off. But the nail fungus treatment doctor at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology in Hurghada will prescribe painkillers for you so that you do not feel pain during the recovery period. He will also tell you the importance of keeping the nail area clean and not trying to touch it.
Advantages of nail removal surgery to treat fungus
- Quick process that takes no time.
- It has high success rates.
- It takes a short recovery period.
- The patient can return to his normal life after the operation.
- The process contributes to definitively preventing the spread of infection.
How long does a new nail grow in after surgery?
The new nail grows out about 6 months after the surgery.
Tips for preventing nail fungus
Prevention is better than cure, so you can follow the following instructions and advice, which will prevent you from getting nail fungus, such as:
- Take care of personal hygiene, especially the nails of the feet and hands.
- Agitate for dry hands and feet.
- Renewing shoes as soon as they are old or when a smell appears.
- Choose shoes made of breathable materials.
- You can apply nail hardeners after consulting a doctor if your nails are brittle and not strong.
- Cut your nails frequently because long nails help to form fungus.
- Use and sterilize your personal tools every time you use them.
- Care must be taken to level the nails with the file well.
- Change your socks frequently.
- Shoes must be worn in damp public places such as swimming pools and gymnasiums.
- If you go to a beauty salon to do a pedicure, you must choose a clean place that sterilizes the tools first.
Nadara Clinic is the best nail fungus treatment center in Hurghada
The treatment of nail fungus has become easy after Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology provides the best methods of treatment, as well as the best consultant dermatologist in Hurghada and the Red Sea. The latest laser devices used in the treatment of fungal nail are also available at Nadara Clinic. In addition to the possibility of treating many other skin diseases such as psoriasis, vitiligo, freckles, melasma, acne and psoriasis. In addition to the possibility of performing all cosmetic procedures including injections Botox, filler, cosmetic sutures, Plasma injection, lips treatment andSkin booster Sessions.
In conclusion, you will find everything you dream of in Nadara Clinic with plastic surgeries such as enlargement of the breast andbutt or Gynecomastia treatment for men or rhinoplasty or ear. All this you will get in one place with the best treatment services at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology. It is time to get rid of nail fungus so that complications do not occur that you are indispensable for, so contact us now to treat it.
- How can I book an appointment for nail fungus treatment in Hurghada?
You can contact us or send WhatsApp and book the closest time with the best dermatologists and surgeons at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, laser and cosmetology in Hurghada.
- How do you eliminate nail fungus?
There are many methods used in the treatment of nail fungus, but you should consult a dermatologist, as he is the one who determines which methods of treating nail fungus are appropriate for your condition. Where he will start with you with oral antifungals, and if you do not produce results, he will give you antifungal ointments. In the event of a lack of response, he will resort to laser treatment, as the laser contributes to the elimination of fungi and their final destruction. But in advanced cases, the doctor resorts to surgery, where he removes the nail permanently, and then puts an antifungal directly on it.
- What causes fungal nails?
Nail fungus occurs as a result of wrong habits such as walking barefoot in wet places such as swimming pools and gyms. It also usually affects women as a result of using nail clippers or manicure and pedicure tools used by a person infected with a fungus. In addition, you can get fungus as a result of not changing the socks or shoes in which you sweat.
- Is nail fungus cured?
Yes, nail fungus is cured, but you must follow up with a dermatologist with experience and high qualifications in a medical center or equipped clinic.
- How dangerous is nail fungus?
Neglecting nail fungus can lead to serious complications that start with severe pain, then the nail falls off and does not grow again. This also leads to the spread of infection between the nails and the entry of fungi into the body, which leads to poisoning of the body or the internal tissues of the body are affected by these fungi.
- Who is a nail specialist?
The doctor who specializes in treating nail fungus is a dermatologist, as he specializes in skin diseases and his specialty includes treating diseases that affect the scalp, genitals, or mouth.
- Is there a final treatment for nail fungus?
Yes, there is a final treatment for nail fungus, and the dermatologist at Nadara Clinic chooses the appropriate treatment method for you. However, the full course of treatment must be completed and follow-up with the doctor, such as laser treatment. The sessions must be completed until the doctor decides to end them, which ranges from 6 to 18 months until the final result is reached.
- When does the nail grow back after nail fungus surgery?
After the nail fungus treatment surgery, the nail grows again within six months, but the advice of the dermatologist at Nadara Clinic in Hurghada and the Red Sea must be followed.
- Is the process of removing the nail painful?
The process of removing the nail surgically in the case of fungus treatment is not painful. Where he uses local anesthesia and the patient is awake because there is no pain during nail removal. But after the end of the effect of the anesthetic, the doctor has prescribed a sedative for you so that you do not feel pain.