Some women may resort to laser hair removal because of the increased growth in this area as a result of hormonal changes.
It can also be caused by some genetic factors or polycystic ovary disease.
If you are bothered by the hair growing on your face, you can consult a dermatologist at a freshness center.
We will learn more in this article about this technique, and how it works to remove hair correctly? Is it harmful to the skin?
What is the technology of laser chin hair removal?
This technique is known as one of the cosmetic techniques for removing unwanted hair in the chin area for women or defining chin hair for men.
They work best on people with dark hair and light skin, but thanks to advances in these devices they are suitable for anyone.
How does laser chin hair removal work?
Laser chin hair removal works by sending light to the hair follicles that is absorbed by the melanin pigment.
The light then turns into heat, which damages the hair follicles and causes the hair to not grow back.
This technique may also help prevent hair from growing below the surface of the skin.
This process only takes about 5 to 10 minutes since this area is smaller than other parts of the body such as the chest or legs.
Advantages of laser hair removal
This procedure is characterized as:
- A minimally invasive procedure that does not require surgery.
- Its cost is low compared to other hair removal methods.
- It does not require a recovery period.
- It is one of the safe methods that do not cause any risks or complications for the skin.
- It gives fast and effective results.
- May be suitable for all skin types.
- It does not cause pain in the treatment area.
You can also read : Laser tattoo removal.
People who are not eligible for laser chin hair removal
This procedure may not be appropriate in some cases and includes the following:
- People with some facial skin diseases such as herpes, eczema, or acne.
- Pregnant and lactating women.
- Skin that is sensitive, blotchy, or irritated may not respond to laser treatment.
- People with dark skin, as it may cause hyperpigmentation and darkening of the skin.
Instructions before laser chin hair removal
The dermatologist at the Skin Rejuvenation Center carefully examines the medical and treatment history, and determines if there are any risks that may incur you during the procedure to avoid them.
He may recommend some procedures in preparation for hair removal before the sessions begin, including:
- Thoroughly clean the area to be treated.
- An anesthetic gel may be applied to the treatment site.
- Wear safety glasses to protect the eyes from the laser.
- Stop taking certain medications such as blood thinners including warfarin, ibuprofen, aspirin or herbal remedies that may increase bleeding.
- Avoid exposure to the sun in the days leading up to the treatment, because laser chin hair removal may be ineffective if the skin is inflamed.
- You cannot use traditional hair removal methods such as plucking or threading before your session.
- Avoid peeling or other chemical treatments in the week before your procedure, which may irritate the skin.
- You may be asked to come to your appointment with skin free of beauty products and lightening creams.
- Do not use tanning products for up to a month before sessions begin, as this may affect the results.
- You can use blades to remove hair a day or two before the procedure so that the laser beams can penetrate the follicles sufficiently.
You can also read : Getting rid of birthmarks with laser and the reasons for their appearance.
The results of laser hair removal in the chin area
Hair begins to fall out a few days after the start of the sessions and decreases by 20-25%, and grows very light after that.
It may take up to 2 to 3 weeks for you to see a noticeable difference in hair growth, and you can continue to follow the sessions for full results.
The results are permanent, but you will likely need to repeat the sessions once every 6 months and then only once a year.
Post laser hair removal instructions
You can expect to resume most of your normal activities, although strenuous exercise and direct sun exposure should be avoided.
Your doctor may recommend applying cold compresses to the treatment area to reduce pain and swelling.
Sunscreen should be applied when going out to work to protect the skin.
Avoid using perfumed soaps or cosmetic and makeup products on the area targeted for treatment, especially if the skin is sensitive.
But you can use steroid creams to calm the skin.
You can also read : "How to take care of teenage skin?".
Disadvantages of laser chin hair removal
The risks or side effects of laser hair removal are rare, and symptoms usually go away on their own and include the following:
- Skin irritation.
The more serious effects include:
- Permanent changes in skin color.
- Blisters appear at the treatment site.
These damages may occur when laser chin hair removal is performed in non-specialized places.
But thanks to our experts at the Freshness Center in Hurghada, such damages never occur on the skin.
Frequently asked questions about laser chin hair removal
Is laser hair removal painful?
Most patients feel that the sensation on the skin is similar to that of a rubber band or a sunburn, and you may smell burnt hair.
The extent of the pain depends on the part undergoing the procedure, the more sensitive the skin is at first, the more painful it is likely to be.
Therefore, the dermatologist uses a local anesthetic before the start of the sessions to avoid any pain that the patient may feel.
You can also read : Scarlett for acne.
Does hair grow back after laser removal?
Hair does not grow back after laser treatment, but sessions must be repeated every 6 months to a year to achieve long-term results.
What is the cost of laser hair removal?
The cost varies according to the density of the hair, the number of sessions required, and the pulses used in the treatment.
Does laser hair removal lead to skin cancer?
There are many rumors about cancer as a result of laser hair removal.
But doctors have confirmed that this procedure is completely safe and does not cause any kind of damage to the skin.
How many sessions do I need to remove hair from the chin area?
People who have dark skin and lighter hair color need more sessions, and in this case it is preferable to use a laser that produces long waves.
The number of sessions varies according to the density of the hair as well, but the face usually needs from 200 to 300 pulses, including the chin area.
There should be time between sessions so that the hair is allowed to grow.
Can chin hair be removed during pregnancy?
Pregnant women experience a significant increase in estrogen during the last pregnancy.
You may notice the appearance of new hair on the face, especially the chin area.
Therefore, it is best to consult a dermatologist at the Freshness Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser in Hurghada, Red Sea Governorate.
You can also read : Laser vaginal tightening.
|Laser chin hair removal|| |
| SUMMARY |
Thank you very much, one of the best places I visited and I rested in. Thank you, my lovely beloved doctor, deliver your hands - Manar