Neglecting to treat skin ulcers leads to an increase in their size and serious complications. Therefore, the best doctors for treating skin ulcers in Hurghada must be chosen at Nadara Clinic, where there is the latest technology in treating skin ulcers efficiently in Hurghada. Some people think that the ulcers will end and disappear, but neglecting treatment leads to the skin ulcers getting worse and deeper into the muscle tissue. Which leads to many problems. Therefore, it must be treated immediately using advanced international medical technology that is safe for the skin. Learn with us in this article about how to treat skin ulcers with appropriate techniques with the best dermatologists at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology in Hurghada and the Red Sea.
What are skin ulcers?
Skin ulcers are damage to skin tissue as a result of poor blood circulation in this area of the skin, which leads to cell death. The lack of blood flow makes wounds difficult to heal and turns into ulcers, often in a circular shape. It also appears anywhere in the body, but most often appears on the legs, hips, abdomen, as well as on the mouth and lips. Leaving it untreated may cause serious complications and may cause unpleasant pain and itching. Therefore, Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology provides the latest methods of treating skin ulcers in Hurghada.
Causes of skin ulcers
As we mentioned, the main reason for the appearance of skin ulcers is lack of blood flow to the tissues, but there are causes for this as a result of several health problems, such as the following:
- Skin infections or bacterial infections.
- Having diabetes, as its high level leads to dysfunction of the peripheral nerves and difficulty in wound healing.
- Vascular diseases.
- Genetic factors.
- High cholesterol in the blood.
- Venous insufficiency.
- Standing for long hours.
- Too much sleep.
- Sensitive skin.
- growing old.
- Pressure on blood vessels as a result of staying in one position for a long time, especially skin ulcers for infants as a result of staying in one position. Skin ulcers in the elderly.
- Incorrect health behaviors such as:
- Wearing tight clothes.
- Neglecting to treat and care for wounds.
- Lack of physical activity.
Types of skin ulcers
Not all skin ulcers are the same, as ulcers vary according to each case, the reason for their occurrence, and the nature of the body and its vital functions. Therefore, types of skin ulcers include:
1- Decubitus Ulcers
It occurs as a result of being confined to bed and continuing to put pressure on a specific area of the body, which causes pressure on the blood vessels, and as a result, blood does not reach the skin and is damaged. It often appears in bony areas such as the elbows, pelvic area, ankles, and back. It is also called a pressure ulcer or decubitus ulcer.
2- Venous skin ulcers
They often appear in the legs, where pink ulcers appear and are the result of varicose veins or blood clots as a result of poor blood circulation in the leg vessels. It may have uneven edges like other types of circular ulcers.
3- Arterial skin ulcers
It occurs as a result of a blockage in one of the arteries, which prevents the delivery of blood to the lower extremities, and then damage and damage to the arteries occurs, and then they appear in the form of wounds in the legs as well as between the fingers.
4- Neuropathic skin ulcers
It occurs as a result of neuropathy, where the patient loses his feeling in the area, and one of the most common types of nerve ulcers is diabetic ulcers. Diabetes leads to weak sensation in the extremities, so this type of ulcer often appears on the sole of the foot and then spreads.
Symptoms of skin ulcers
You should consult the best doctors for treating skin ulcers in Hurghada as soon as you feel the following symptoms, such as:
- Skin dryness.
- Form a crust.
- Redness of the ulcer or redness of the skin around it.
- Skin inflammation.
- Swelling of the skin around the ulcer.
- Feeling of annoying itching.
- Feeling pain.
- The appearance of secretions, pus, or pus from the ulcer.
- It emits a bad smell.
- Change in skin color, which may be pink, yellow, brown, gray, or black redness.
Complications of neglecting the treatment of skin ulcers
Neglecting to treat skin ulcers may lead to serious complications that greatly affect the body and the patient’s health. The most important complications of skin ulcers are the following:
- The appearance of permanent scars.
- Serious bacterial infection.
- The infection penetrates the tissues to the bones.
- Skin cancer.
- Significant damage to joint tissue, tendons, and muscles.
- The body loses a large amount of proteins and fluids.
Skin ulcer treatment doctors in Hurghada
You can treat skin ulcers in Hurghada in a hospital, clinic or medical center equipped with the latest devices and technologies. You must also choose the best dermatology doctors to ensure the best results without complications and harm. Therefore, Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology in Hurghada and the Red Sea provides you with the best doctor for treating skin ulcers in Hurghada. In addition to keeping pace with the latest advanced international technologies in cosmetic medicine and treatment of skin diseases. Therefore, you will get the best service and use the latest technologies with a doctor with scientific and practical experience and competence. This medical team is headed by Dr. Amani Tawabti, consultant dermatologist.
You can also visit Nadara website, as well as Nadara pages on social media platforms, where you can search for reviews from previous patients. As well as seeing their opinion on Nadara Clinic as well as on the dermatologist and service reviews for treating skin ulcers in Hurghada. In addition, there are pictures of the results of treating skin ulcers before and after so that you can confirm for yourself the level of service and the extent of the competence and experience of the doctors at Nadara Clinic in Hurghada.
Methods of skin ulcer treatment in Hurghada
As a result of the tremendous technological development around the world, many advanced techniques have emerged in treating skin ulcers in Hurghada. Skin ulcers are considered a skin disease that requires quick and effective treatment due to the complications that may occur. The skin inflammation, which is similar to the treatment of burns, must first be treated, then the scar resulting from skin ulcers should be treated. It is also necessary to choose a dermatologist with experience, scientific qualifications, and certificates proving his proficiency in using these modern techniques with skill and accuracy. Therefore, Nadara Clinic provides you with the best team of doctors as well as the latest effective and safe techniques in treating skin ulcers in Hurghada.
The first consultation with a skin ulcer treatment doctor in Hurghada
The dermatologist at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology will perform some procedures during the first consultation. The most important things that will happen in the first consultation are the following:
- The dermatologist will ask you about your medical history and any medications or treatments you take.
- The doctor must be informed of how the skin ulcer occurred.
- The doctor carefully examines the condition of the ulcer to determine its type and the appropriate technique for it.
- The doctor will ask you to perform some tests to ensure that there are no obstacles to the treatment of skin ulcers in Hurghada at Nadara Center.
- You can ask the doctor any questions you have without worry or embarrassment, as Nadara Clinic doctors are good listeners in order to accurately determine your goal for treatment.
Instructions before skin ulcer treatment in Hurghada
In order to achieve the best results for treating skin ulcers in Hurghada, you must follow the instructions of the dermatologist and plastic surgeon at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology. Among these preparations before treating skin ulcers in Hurghada are the following:
- Avoid exposing the ulcer to sunlight.
- You should not apply any skin care products or creams without consulting your doctor.
- Avoid touching the sores to avoid infection.
- The ulcer should not be peeled.
- Avoid hot water and make sure the sore area is dry.
- Avoid taking blood-thinning medications.
- Hair should not be removed from areas with ulcers or even ulcer scars, so as not to cause irritation during treatment.
- If you are a smoker, you must stop smoking immediately.
How to treat skin ulcers in Hurghada
- The dermatologist at Nadara Clinic cleans the ulcer and the area around it with a medical solution to sterilize it and prevent infection.
- The doctor places an appropriate bandage on it and keeps it clean and dry.
- The doctor will prescribe you an antibiotic, which may be an ointment or pill, as well as painkillers.
- The doctor may need to perform surgical intervention to remove some of the damaged, infected tissue, then perform a skin graft by taking part of the skin from another area and covering the affected area.
- Finally, the doctor will schedule scar treatment sessions and follow up on the results of the ulcer treatment.
Treatment of skin ulcer scars in Hurghada
After treating skin ulcers in Hurghada, scars will appear as a result of these ulcers, so the doctor will choose the appropriate technique to remove these scars. There are many modern techniques, but the plastic surgeon at Nadara Clinic chooses the best methods for removing skin ulcer scars.
1- Cold peeling to treat skin ulcers in Hurghada
Cold peeling is considered one of the best ways to remove excess layers of skin due to the healing of ulcers, and it also works to unify skin tone. Cold peeling technology relies on the use of laser rays to get rid of damaged layers of the skin and renew cells. Which helps restore skin purity after treating skin ulcers in Hurghada. In addition to getting rid of the effects of pimples and blackheads. Cold laser peeling sessions are performed by the best plastic surgeons at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology in Hurghada and the Red Sea. Laser treatment is performed under local anesthesia and the number of cold peeling sessions varies from one case to another according to the evaluation of the plastic surgeon at Nadara Clinic. However, the number of skin ulcer treatment sessions often ranges from 3 to 5 sessions, depending on the skin’s response to the treatment.
2- Filler injections to treat skin ulcers in Hurghada
As we mentioned, the shape of skin ulcer scars varies from one to another depending on the cause of the scar. Therefore, in the case of sunken scars, doctors resort to using filler injections. Filler injections in Hurghada depend on the use of safe filler materials such as hyaluronic and collagen in order to give the skin thickness and hide the effect of the skin scar. In addition, it stimulates collagen production, which helps restore skin freshness and vitality.
3- Fraxina CO2 laser treatment of skin ulcers in Hurghada
Laser is considered one of the most important treatments used in the field of cosmetics, as different types of laser devices have appeared with various frequencies and wavelengths. Each type specializes in treating skin problems and has many advantages. One of the most important types of laser is the CO2 Fractional laser, which is characterized by having many benefits for the skin. It relies on the use of fractional laser beams, which penetrate the layers of the skin and help get rid of impurities and dead skin. In addition to exfoliating the damaged skin layer, which helps in getting rid of the effects of skin ulcer scars in Hurghada.
4- Fraxel laser treatment of skin ulcers in Hurghada
Fraxel technology is based on fractional treatment, where Fraxel laser beams are focused on the targeted area, where the waves penetrate the layers of the skin. Therefore, tissues and cells are treated from deep within with a laser, and it works to get rid of dead and damaged cells and renew cells. Therefore, it is considered an effective technique in treating skin ulcer scars in Hurghada at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology in Hurghada and the Red Sea.
Nadara Center has doctors with experience in using the Fraxel laser device, as well as they have academic certificates, qualifications, and practical experience. It often requires a number of sessions ranging from 3 to 5 sessions, depending on the doctor’s assessment of the condition of the skin ulcers. The sessions should also be separated by two or four weeks, as determined by the doctor, in order to give the skin a chance to regenerate.
5- Dermapen for treating skin ulcers
The Dermapen technique is one of the microneedling techniques that has spread recently due to its ease of procedure, speed, and results in improving the skin. The Dermapen technique works to stimulate the skin by using a device with a tip containing pointed needles that are passed over the targeted area. It creates holes in the layers of the skin, which helps stimulate collagen production to get rid of dead skin and damaged cells resulting from skin ulcers. Then the cells are renewed with new cells free of problems and defects and stimulate the production of elastin, which increases skin elasticity and tightens the skin.
Which helps in treating skin ulcers in Hurghada at Nadara Clinic with the best experienced dermatologists. The number of Dermapen sessions in Hurghada varies depending on the doctor's assessment of the condition of the ulcer, but the number of Dermapen sessions often ranges from 5 to 8 sessions until satisfactory results are achieved.
6- Morpheus Technique 8 Treatment of skin ulcer scars in Hurghada
Morphuis 8 technology is one of the latest technologies that has proven its effectiveness and impressive results in treating skin problems and getting rid of skin ulcer scars. It relies on the combination of two techniques: Micro-needling technology, which penetrates the layers of the skin, and RF technology. Which helps the frequency waves penetrate the layers of the skin easily to reach its depths, and this helps in treating skin ulcers deep in the layers of the skin. Therefore, Nadara Center provides the best dermatologist to treat skin ulcers in Hurghada using the latest safe methods, such as the Morpheus 8 device. The number of Morpheus sessions to treat ulcers ranges from 3 to 4 sessions, depending on each case and the doctor’s evaluation of it.
Side effects after skin ulcer treatment in Hurghada
After the skin ulcer treatment sessions in Hurghada are over, you will feel some temporary side effects that will end within days, and the skin will continue to improve from one to two months, depending on each case. The most important temporary side effects are:
- Pain in the skin ulcer area.
- Skin redness.
- swelling of the skin;
- the appearance of scales.
Instructions after skin ulcer treatment in Hurghada
The dermatologist at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology will inform you of the necessary instructions after treating skin ulcers in Hurghada, such as:
- Keep the wound clean and dry.
- Bandages must be changed according to the instructions of the dermatologist and plastic surgeon at Nadara Clinic in Hurghada.
- Take the medications and treatments prescribed by your doctor regularly.
- You must be patient to achieve results with prolonged treatment sessions.
- You should drink appropriate amounts of water to prevent dry skin.
- Avoid hot water on skin ulcers.
- Avoid hair removal.
- You must exercise to stimulate blood circulation with the advice of a doctor.
- Make sure to raise your feet up when lying down to stimulate blood circulation.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet to help nourish the skin and speed up wound healing.
- Wear shoes that fit your feet.
- Stop smoking because it contributes to the worsening of ulcers.
- Keep track of your blood sugar and blood pressure levels with your doctor.
- Make sure to change your body shape from time to time.
When do the results of skin ulcer treatment in Hurghada appear?
The results appear gradually after the end of the recovery period, as the duration of the recovery period varies from one person to another depending on several factors, which may reach a period of two weeks to three months. In some cases of severe ulcers, it may take a year, depending on several factors, the most important of which are:
- The area and size of the ulcer.
- Type of ulcer.
- Patient age.
- The body's response to treatment.
- Blood circulation.
How to prevent skin ulcers
You can avoid skin ulcers by following prevention methods so that scars do not occur. Among the most important instructions given by doctors treating skin ulcers in Hurghada are the following:
- Care must be taken to improve blood circulation by wearing compression stockings for the legs and raising the legs up.
- Make sure to exercise constantly so that the body flows to all your limbs and skin ulcers do not occur.
- Stop smoking because it leads to a lack of oxygen in the cells, which means a lack of blood flow.
- Keep body weight from increasing.
- Once a wound or ulcer occurs, you must visit a specialist doctor immediately because he will evaluate the condition and determine the appropriate treatment. The earlier the treatment, the better.
- Keep the wound covered so it does not become infected.
- Take the antibiotics your doctor prescribes for you and follow his instructions.
- Avoid exposing the area to the sun so that skin ulcer scars do not occur.
- Do not remove damaged tissue yourself; a doctor should do this if necessary.
- Take painkillers after consulting a dermatologist to reduce skin sensitivity, pain, and itching.
- Avoid scratching the ulcer wounds to avoid causing severe infections that lead to deep scars.
- Take painkillers to relieve pain.
In the end, you can now get rid of skin ulcers and their annoying problems using the latest modern technologies at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology in Hurghada and the Red Sea. You can also lift the face with cosmetic threads and treat all skin problems. You can also treat skin ulcer scars in Hurghada with the best skin ulcer treatment doctors in Hurghada with experience, skill, and practical experience.
How can I book an appointment for skin ulcer treatment in Hurghada?
What do skin ulcers look like?
Skin ulcers are circular in shape. They may start small and then grow and occur as a result of poor blood circulation, or pressure on the area for a long time as a result of staying in a certain position for a period of time or staying in bed and standing for a long time.
What is the treatment for ulcers in the body?
You should consult the best dermatologist in Hurghada at Nadara Clinic to evaluate the ulcers, remove damaged tissue if necessary, sterilize the ulcers, and prescribe you an antibiotic and a bandage.
Are skin ulcers contagious?
Skin ulcers are not considered contagious as they are infections, but they are annoying and give a feeling of pain and itching of the skin, in addition to their undesirable appearance, which causes a loss of self-confidence.