The cleft lip is one of the congenital deformities that trouble the parents and affect the child and his psyche, but with the great medical and scientific development, now you can treat it with the best cleft lip treatment doctor in Hurghada at Nadara Clinic. Where there is the best plastic surgeon in Hurghada and the Red Sea, in addition to the presence of the latest international medical technologies. There are also the best integrated medical teams with enormous practical and scientific experience and with high certificates and qualifications. Therefore, your child will get rid of the cleft lip forever with the best plastic surgery doctors at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and cosmetology in Hurghada and the Red Sea.
What is the cleft lip?
Harelip, cleft lip, cleft palate Also called cleft lip, it is a congenital defect or anomaly that may affect the fetus in the mouth and face. The tissue of the face and upper lip begins to form in the early stages of pregnancy, but as a result of some reasons, there is a decrease in the amount of tissue that forms this area, which leads to the non-fusion of the roof of the jaw.
As a result, it becomes similar to the lip of a rabbit, where there are degrees of it that may be simple, and the crack or hole may extend to the upper gums. A child can also have a cleft lip on only one side of the mouth, or both. In addition to the possibility of it occurring inside the mouth at the cleft palate, and in this case, no distortions appear on the child's face. But with the great scientific and medical development, you will find the best cleft lip treatment doctor in Hurghada at Nadara Clinic.
Types of cleft palate
There are degrees and types of the condition of the cleft lip, as plastic surgeons divide it into three types as follows:
- Partial cleft lip: It is one of the simplest types of cleft lip, as it blooms on the upper lip only and does not affect the inner parts of the throat.
- Complete cleft lip: It is considered the middle degree of cleft lip, in which the upper lip and the roof of the mouth are not complete.
- Double cleft lip: It is the most difficult type because it has a cleft lip visible on both sides of the lip, and it is the most dangerous of the three types.
How does cleft palate occur?
The deformity of the fetal lip occurs during the first three months of pregnancy, in which the upper lip and the right and left lip are formed separately. Then comes the stage of their fusion to form the upper lip and the roof of the mouth. Therefore, if the stage of their fusion does not occur naturally, this will affect the shape of the lip and the roof of the mouth and lead to the appearance of the rabbit’s lip. The opening also appears sometimes including the nostril. And this name was given to it due to its similarity to the lip of a rabbit.
Causes of cleft lip
The cleft lip doctor in Hurghada will diagnose your child's condition and tell you the causes of this deformity. Among the most important of these reasons are:
- Genetics: Cases whose family has previous injuries are more likely to develop a cleft palate, as genetics plays an important factor in the recurrence of cases.
- Some medications: In some cases, the mother may take medications that interfere with pregnancy and greatly affect the growth of the fetus. Among the most important drugs that affect the occurrence of cleft palate are drugs that contain cortisone, epilepsy drugs, steroids, heart drugs, and acne medications. Where it has a significant impact on the stages of fetus formation during pregnancy.
- Exposure of the mother to radiation: The pregnancy period is a critical period. The mother should not be exposed to any radiation so as not to affect the formation of the fetus.
- Malnutrition of the mother during pregnancy: If the mother neglects to take the important vitamins and minerals necessary for the child, this leads to deformation of the lip. One of the most important is folic acid, which helps complete the proper growth of the fetus.
- Diseases affecting pregnant women: Some diseases that affect the mother during pregnancy, such as endocrine disorders, cause. As well as a viral infection.
- Mother's weight gain: Mother's weight gain may affect the completion of fetal growth and may cause cleft lip.
- Smoking or alcohol: The cleft palate doctor in Hurghada confirms that the risk of developing cleft palate increases in the case of a mother who smokes or drinks alcohol.
- Diabetes in the mother: The chance of the fetus developing a cleft palate or cleft lip increases if the mother had diabetes before pregnancy.
Complications requires a cleft lip treatment doctor in Hurghada
Some parents fear surgery for their children, but in the case of a rabbit lip, surgery is a necessary treatment. Where the age of the child and his growth in this situation leads to serious complications that require a doctor to treat the cleft lip in Hurghada at Nadara Clinic. Among the most important of these complications are the following:
- Difficulty eating: It is considered one of the most difficult difficulties that a child with a cleft lip goes through, since the beginning of breastfeeding, he faces problems. Where liquids and food leak into the nose as a result of the existing incision. Therefore, the best cleft lip treatment doctor in Hurghada must be resorted to at Nadara Center for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology.
- Hearing impairment: The child may have a hearing impairment as a result of the presence of hearing loss Eustachian tube Or the auditory canal close to the nasal slit area. Also, fluids taken by the child may accumulate in the ear as a result of passing through the cleft nose. Which leads to infections in the middle ear that lead to hearing impairment and loss over time and neglect of treatment.
- Difficulty speaking: Of course, the cleft lip affects the pronunciation of letters and their exits, which leads to difficulty in speaking, as pronunciation depends on the roof of the mouth and lips. But you don't have to worry, with a pediatric cleft lip treatment doctor in Hurghada, you can get rid of these problems for good.
- Problems of tooth growth: In the event that the crack is in the upper gums, this affects the locations of the dental vesicles and affects the time of their natural appearance. Abnormalities such as extra teeth or missing teeth can also occur. He may need an orthosis after undergoing cleft lip surgery in Hurghada at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology.
- Poor psychological condition of the child: This condition affects the child psychologically, as he feels different from other children and people, and the way people treat him changes.
Cleft lip doctor diagnosed in Hurghada
Care should be taken to choose a doctor who treats cleft lip in Hurghada with experience, practical competence, and has the highest certificates. You can also perform plastic surgery in a beauty clinic or an equipped medical center. Nadara Clinic provides you with the best cleft lip treatment in Egypt. The doctor will diagnose as follows:
- The plastic surgeon will examine the cleft lip and its condition well.
- They will ask you about the family history of the disease and whether any of the child's close relatives had cleft lip.
- The discovery of cleft lip or cleft lip begins in the thirteenth week when an ultrasound scan is performed that reveals the cleft lip. But it does not indicate if there is an annular cleft or not.
- The doctor's treatment plan begins after birth, from the age of 3-6 months, according to each case. Follow-up and complementary surgeries continue until adolescence.
- The doctor will tell you some instructions for dealing with a child with a cleft lip until the surgery is completed. He may need follow-up surgeries, according to each case.
- The doctor may advise you to consult a psychiatrist to participate in supervising the child's psyche.
Cleft lip treatment in Hurghada
Treatment of the cleft lip is necessary and unavoidable so that other complications do not occur, as mentioned above. But you must choose the best cleft lip surgery doctor in Hurghada. The price of the cleft lip operation varies according to each case. But it must be realized that the treatment journey is long and depends on each case and the extent of the rabbit's lip and whether there is an annular cleft with it or not. Therefore, parents must be patient and adhere to the instructions of a pediatric surgeon in Hurghada. The doctor also combines the treatment of the cleft lip with laser as well as surgery.
Preparations before cleft lip surgery for children
- A comprehensive medical examination is conducted for the child to ensure that there are no other problems he suffers from.
- Ensure the integrity of the heart and the regularity of the pulse.
- Doctors follow medical guidelines related to the child's weight, age, and hemoglobin in his blood to ensure that the child's first surgery can be performed.
- You should stop taking any medications without consulting a pediatric surgeon.
- The weight of the child should not be less than 3 and a half kilograms.
- Ensure that there are no problems in the airway.
- Healthy heart and pulse.
- Ensure that the child does not suffer from jaundice.
- If the child suffers from an allergy to any materials, the doctor should be informed immediately.
- The child's stomach must be empty before the operation because it will be done under anesthesia.
- Avoid exposing the child to strong sunlight.
Steps of a cleft lip treatment doctor in Hurghada
As we mentioned, the treatment of the cleft lip is carried out in several stages, according to each case and its requirements. The treatment of the cleft lip goes through the following stages:
The first stage: primary cleft palate surgery
- The initial cleft lip surgery is performed on the baby between the ages of 3 months and 6 months, according to the doctor’s evaluation.
- Cleft lip surgery is performed in Hurghada at Nadara Clinic under general anesthesia.
- The doctor makes an incision in the lip.
- The doctor places tissue in the lip and then sews it together with the lip.
- If the case may have complications of otitis media as a result of fluid accumulation, the surgeon places a special medical tube inside the eardrum to drain excess fluid and protect the ear from it so that the child does not lose hearing.
- The cleft lip laser treatment is done, as the laser helps in rapid wound healing.
- If the child has a cleft palate, the surgery is done when he reaches one year of age.
- Cleft lip surgery usually takes about two hours, depending on each case and its complications.
- At the end of the initial surgery, the cleft lip surgeon in Hurghada determines the date for removing the sutures and following up on the case.
Phase II: Complementary surgeries for the initial repair
- A child with a cleft lip will need a lip aesthetics. Therefore, laser treatment of the cleft lip is used to beautify the general appearance of the scar. As well as coordinating facial features and repairing the nose and lips.
- Bone grafting may also be done at the age of 8 years to stabilize the upper jaw. It may require wearing braces.
- The plastic surgeon may also perform rhinoplasty if necessary.
- If speech problems develop as the child grows, operations may be required to improve speech.
The third stage: final operations
The last cosmetic surgeries in teens are often done at the age of 18. Where the tissues, bones and muscles have grown, which helps in making the last adjustments, whether for appearance or for the purpose of improving speech.
Recovery period after cleft lip surgery
As a result of the surgery, the child will feel some side effects, but the instructions of the cleft lip treatment doctor in Hurghada at Nadara Clinic must be adhered to until the child recovers. These are temporary side effects such as pain and swelling. Also, these changes in the lip will not be perceived by the child at this age. In addition, he will find it difficult and different in the way he breastfeeds, but he must be patient with him and not take it easy and try to breastfeed. However, these effects will disappear and the recovery process will take place within a month of the operation.
Instructions of the doctor treating cleft lip in Hurghada after surgery
- The child must be cared for and given painkillers and antibiotics prescribed by the plastic surgeon at Nadara Clinic in Hurghada.
- Ensure the comfort of the child.
- Commitment to taking the child for a sufficient number of hours for his body to recover.
- Ensure that the child sleeps on his back so as not to put pressure on the wounds.
- The child should not be bathed until 24 hours after the operation.
- The cleft lip treatment doctor in Hurghada will determine the date for the stitches to be removed, which is usually after 5 days.
- Follow your doctor's instructions and keep incisions and wounds clean and dry.
- Commitment to applying creams and ointments prescribed by the plastic surgeon for the child.
- Watch the child the full time so that he does not mess with the cracks and stitches in his mouth. This may require effort for you, dear mother, and the result will be rewarding in the end.
- If the child is breastfed from a bottle and not breastfed, the hole in the bottle must be widened so that the child does not exert sucking effort that affects the cracks. Knowing that care must be taken to get him accustomed to breastfeeding with patience and getting used to, or to consult a specialist in that. A syringe can also be used in the first days, then gradually introduce soft foods.
- Follow-up of the child's temperature as well as vitality and urine.
- Avoid exposing scars to the sun so as not to be affected by it and lead to complications.
Tips for dealing with a child's cleft lip in Hurghada
If your baby suffers from cleft lip, there is no need to worry, he can get rid of it and live normally, but you must follow the doctor's instructions to live with it until all stages of treatment are completed. Some ways to deal with it are:
- Use feeding tools tailored to your baby's condition to avoid breastfeeding difficulties, as you use a feeding tool that reaches the throat, so that milk does not come out of the nose.
- Conduct a hearing test every six months to ensure the child's hearing efficiency.
- Your child may need earphones if his hearing is affected by the accumulated fluid that leads to ear infection.
- The growth of the jaw and teeth must be followed up with a dentist, and he may need to straighten crooked teeth.
- You can consult a speech therapist to improve your pronunciation from a young age.
- Consult a psychiatrist so that the child does not feel that he is under pressure and that he is different from everyone else, especially when he enters school.
Prevention of cleft lip
Preventing cleft lip is difficult, but the doctor advises you to follow the following instructions to reduce the chance of the fetus being affected by it, such as:
- When planning marriage, genetic tests must be conducted to ensure that there is no possibility of it occurring.
- Proper nutrition during pregnancy and taking vitamins such as vitamin B12 as well as folic acid, as advised by the doctor.
- Stop smoking and quit it immediately after planning a child, as well as quitting alcohol.
Best cleft lip treatment doctor in Hurghada
If you are looking for the best cleft lip treatment doctor in Hurghada, Nadara Center offers you the best plastic surgery doctors with an integrated medical team. The doctors are highly experienced in plastic surgery and have high scientific degrees in plastic medicine and pediatric surgery. Therefore, Nadara Clinic includes Dr. Mahmoud Mubarak, a teacher of plastic surgery at the Faculty of Medicine.
You can search for patient reviews of Nadara Clinic, as it is characterized by its endeavor to reach patients' satisfaction and goals. Besides having better Dermatologists Who will help you in the case of treating all different skin diseases, headed by Dr. Amani El Tawabti.
In the end, dear mother, dear father, we will support you in the treatment of cleft lip in Hurghada at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Aesthetics. Doctors will be keen to provide you with all the necessary information to take care of your child and prepare for surgery, as well as after surgery, with continuous follow-up to get rid of the effects of the cleft lip permanently. Book an appointment now with the best cleft lip treatment doctor in Hurghada at Nadara Clinic.
How can I book an appointment with a cleft lip treatment doctor in Hurghada?
When does the rabbit's lip appear in the fetus?
The rabbit's lip can be detected in the fetus in the thirteenth week of pregnancy, as a detection is made through ultrasound. Then the cleft lip is seen clearly, but the cleft palate cannot be seen.
How is the rabbit lip?
The cleft lip is an incompleteness of the lip tissue to fuse with each other, and there may be one or two cracks. It can also be accompanied by a cleft throat as well, as its growth has not been completed, and this is the most difficult case.
How many hours does the cleft lip operation take?
The duration of the cleft lip operation varies according to each case and its surgical requirements, but it often ranges from one to two hours.
When is the cleft lip operation performed?
The cleft lip operation takes place in several stages, but the primary surgery takes place during the first three months to 6 months for the infant, according to his condition and weight. He should also not suffer from breathing or pulse problems, and he should not have jaundice. In the event of a cleft palate, the cleft palate is treated within nine months to one year of his age. But this is followed by several complementary operations during his years before entering school, as well as until he reaches the age of 18, to improve his speech and appearance.