Are you wondering about the difference between plasma and stem cells? Two of the most promising and effective treatments for many medical problems - here's the answer in this article.
Both treatments are now very popular for all skin, hair and some other conditions.
These treatments are characterized by strong medical research evidence that supports their effectiveness, so doctors use them at nadara Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser in Hurghada.
We'll look at how each treatment system works the basic way, the benefits of each, the conditions they can treat, the difference between plasma and stem cells and their outcomes.
How does PRP work in the body?
Human blood is made up of platelets, red cells, and white cells, as well as plasma.
Plasma can be obtained using centrifugal separation processes by taking a small sample of the person (20 mm) and placing it in this device.
This process takes about 15 minutes.
The high speed rate of centrifugal force allows platelets to be drawn and removed from the sample, which can then be added to pure plasma to produce platelet-rich plasma.
This plasma contains huge amounts of natural growth factors and other auxiliary nutrients such as cytokines and some proteins.
Using it results in plump, tighter and more radiant skin.
Benefits of platelet-rich plasma
The difference between plasma and stem cells is in the benefits of each. Plasma can be used to treat the following conditions:
Plasma injections into the scalp can be used to promote hair growth and prevent hair loss, and it is effective in treating Androgenetic alopecia Also known as male-pattern baldness.
This plasma contains proteins that accelerate the repair of damaged tissues as a result of weak hair follicles, so it increases its density.
It treats frizz, split ends and other hair problems.
There are a few steps to prepare for these injections. A local anesthetic solution of lidocaine can be applied to the scalp prior to the injection.
So you may have to come early for your therapy session.
This treatment does not cause any possible side effects because it contains substances that come directly from the body.
So it reduces the risk of an allergic reaction that can occur from other medicines such as cortisone or hyaluronic acid.
There may be risks from the injection itself including:
- Pain at the injection points
- Tissue damage.
- mild redness;
All these effects disappear after about 3 to 7 days after the procedure.
The difference between plasma and stem cells is that they save time, as one of its most important advantages is that the session takes only about 30 to 45 minutes.
Platelet-rich plasma contributes to the overall regeneration of skin texture and reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines around the mouth and eyes.
It also fills in the hollow areas of the face and reduces acne scars.
Plasma stimulates collagen production in the body, and most patients notice a significant improvement in the texture of their skin in the first month after treatment.
You can repeat the sessions every 6 to 8 weeks 2 to 3 times for more immediate improvement.
You can also read : Chemical peeling and cold peeling and the difference between them.
Instructions before using PRP injection
The dermatologist at nadara clinic in Hurghada recommends following some instructions before the sessions, which are as follows:
- Do not take aspirin for at least a week before the procedure for best results and to reduce the chance of bruising at the biopsy site.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages the day before the treatment as it may dry out the skin.
- You should eat a light meal before reaching the center of freshness and avoid drinking caffeine.
- Drink enough water at least 24 hours before the treatment and the same in the morning of the session.
(Because not getting enough water leads to a suboptimal blood draw.)
- Avoid applying makeup, use of retinoids, glycolic acids, and vitamin C products for a week before the procedure.
Tips after PRP injections
The difference between plasma and stem cells is shown in following the advice that follows the treatment. The instructions after plasma injection include the following:
- Do not use cosmetics on the face or hair for 3 days after the procedure.
- Avoid touching the injection site except for light cleaning.
- Do not expose to the sun and use sunscreen.
- Don't do strenuous exercise.
- Use only skin care products that your dermatologist recommends.
- Avoid using hot tubs or saunas and jacuzzis.
- Do not expose yourself to extremely cold or hot temperatures.
- If the treatment is on the lip area, don't drink very hot or cold beverages.
- Do not undergo any other cosmetic treatments like chemical peels, laser treatments, etc. for at least a month.
You can also read : Plasma filler injections for the face and its most important benefits.
Persons who are not eligible for plasma therapy sessions
There are some conditions that cannot be treated with platelet-rich plasma, including:
- Heavy smokers.
- If you suffer from acute infections of the skin or hair.
- If you have a low blood platelet count, fibrinogen.
- People withMetabolic disorders and thyroid gland.
- Having diabetes.
How does stem cell therapy work?
The difference between plasma and stem cells is in the way they work. Stem cells work through the following:
Dermatologists obtain stem cells in a completely different way than they use to extract platelet-rich plasma from a patient.
Stem cells are taken from fat cells in the body, or in some cases from bone marrow.
These cells are extracted from the abdomen or thigh with a small needle as they contain higher concentrations of stem cells than other areas of the body.
A concentrated solution is made from these cells and then injected into the area to be treated, resulting in an increased healing response.
One of the uniquely powerful properties of stem cell therapy is that it effectively rejuvenates the skin and eliminates signs of aging.
They work similarly to plasma. They are cells that can be inserted into any part of the body and then adapted to repair and grow tissue as they help produce more collagen.
It also allows tissues to flow healthy blood, resulting in a glowing, youthful appearance.
And you should follow the doctor's instructions before the sessions, which are as follows:
- The dermatologist examines the skin thoroughly and then gives you local anesthesia, so you can arrive at the center 30 to 40 minutes early.
- The skin should be free of any cosmetics or creams.
You can also read : Define and enlarge lips with fillers.
Stem cells benefits
The skin constantly renews itself throughout puberty, and hair follicles go through a perpetual cycle of growing and stopping.
Stem cells in the epidermis and hair follicles ensure skin balance and hair regeneration, and are also involved in skin tissue repair and wound healing after injuries.
The difference between plasma and stem cells is that they work to prevent the multiplication of cancer cells in the skin.
It also reduces skin inflammation and enhances protection against aging caused by aging and other environmental factors.
All of these benefits ultimately smooth fine lines and reduce skin damage, thus helping to stimulate essential stem cells.
It also helps rejuvenate the entire face as it plumps it up as well as improves skin quality to make your skin look younger.
Advantages of stem cell therapy
- These cells allow the skin to tighten in a wonderful way, long lasting that may reach 9 to 12 months.
- There is no general anesthesia, and this includes minimal time to rest and to return to normal activity as soon as possible.
- It does not cause any serious skin complications.
Instructions After Stem Cell Therapy Sessions
You may experience some redness or swelling in the face, but it disappears after only about 30 minutes. You can use cold compresses at this time.
You may also be asked to refrain from exercising for at least 24 hours after the procedure, and most patients can resume work the next day.
You can apply make-up only two days after the procedure.
You can also read : Causes and treatment of dark circles.
How long does a stem cell facelift take?
The results of facial stem cells may last a long time, and the effects are permanent because they use the body's ability to regenerate.
Do you use other treatments with stem cells?
Other procedures can be used in conjunction with stem cell therapy such as a facelift with threads, or eyelid surgery and fat grafting, andRhinoplasty.
All of these procedures enhance the aesthetic result on their own or they can all be used to allow an individual to look younger and fresher.
In the end, you can follow up at the nadara clinic for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser in Hurghada Governorate to find out the difference between plasma and stem cells and the effect of each on your skin and choose the best for your case.