Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure to change its shape or improve its function.
You can perform this process in nadara clinic for Dermatology, Cosmetology and Laser in Hurghada Under the supervision of the best plastic surgeon.
Types of rhinoplasty
The different types of these operations include:
- Nose hump removal.
- Straightening of the nasal septum.
- Reshaping the tip of the nose.
- Increase or decrease the size of the nostrils.
- Open breathing passages.
- Enlarge or reduce the nose.
- Repairing deformities resulting from injury or correcting a birth defect.
How do you prepare for rhinoplasty?
You should meet with your surgeon to discuss important factors that determine whether surgery will work well for you, including:
- medical history
The doctor asks about your history of stuffy nose, surgeries, and any medications you're taking.
If you have a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia, you may not be a candidate for rhinoplasty.
- physical examination
The surgeon will perform a complete physical examination, including practical tests such as blood tests.
This examination helps determine what changes to make, and how physical features may affect results such as:
- Thickening of the skin.
- The strength of the cartilage at the end of the nose.
Visualize the nose from different angles so as to be used for assessments before and after surgery.
Instructions before operation
You should follow some instructions before performing a rhinoplasty, including the following:
- Avoid medicines containing aspirin Or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) for two weeks before and after surgery.
These medications may increase bleeding, so only take medications that have been approved by your plastic surgeon.
- Avoid herbal remedies and over-the-counter supplements.
- Stop smoking, It slows the healing process after surgery and may increase the possibility of infection.
How is rhinoplasty done?
The operation requires local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia depending on the complexity of the surgery.
The surgeon usually injects local anesthesia into the tissues of the nose. In general anesthesia, you receive the medicine by inhalation or through a small tube placed in a vein.
The operation can be performed inside the nose or through a small external incision at the base of the nose (between the nostrils) in order to restructure the bone and cartilage under the skin.
Plastic Surgeon works in nadara clinic for Dermatology, Cosmetology and Laser in Hurghada It changes the shape of the nasal bones or cartilage in several ways.
It depends on how much it needs to be removed or added, and the structure of the nose.
He or she may use cartilage taken from your nose or ear for larger changes. After these changes are made, he puts the nose skin and tissue back, then closes the incisions with sutures.
If the nasal septum is deviated, it can also be corrected to improve breathing.
You can also read : Autologous fat injection.
You need to rest completely with your head elevated for 24 hours above the chest to reduce bleeding or swelling.
(The nose may be congested due to swelling or from splints placed inside the mouth during surgery)
In most cases, internal dressings remain in place for one to seven days after surgery, and the plastic surgeon also places a splint on the nose for protection and support.
He may also place a "drip pad" (a small piece of gauze held in place with tape under the nose to absorb drainage).
It's common for minor bleeding, and drainage of mucus and blood, for a few days after surgery or bandage removal.
Therefore, you should change the gauze as directed by your surgeon, and do not place the drip pad too tightly against the nose.
Your doctor may also ask you to take precautions for several weeks after surgery to reduce the chances of bleeding or swelling, including:
- Avoid strenuous activities such as exercise and jogging.
- Take a shower while you put the pads on your nose without coming into contact with the water.
- Eat high-fiber foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to avoid constipation, which can strain you, putting pressure on the surgical site.
- Avoid excessive facial expressions such as smiling or laughing.
- Gently brush your teeth to limit movement of your upper lip.
- Wear clothes that secure the front, such as shirts and jackets, and don't pull them over your head.
- Do not put glasses on the nose for at least four weeks after surgery to prevent pressure on them.
- Use an SPF 30 sunscreen when you're outdoors, as excessive sun exposure can cause irregular, permanent discoloration on your nose.
- Don't put anything like cold compresses on your nose.
You can also read : Liposuction and body sculpting with Vaser.
Expected results of rhinoplasty
Very slight changes in the structure of your nose, often measured in millimeters, can make a big difference to the way your nose looks most of the time.
Some temporary swelling or discoloration of the eyelids can occur to black or blue for two or three weeks after surgery.
The swelling in the nose takes time to go away, and reducing the sodium in your diet will help you get rid of the swelling faster.
The final shape of the nose appears after it has completely healed.
See also: Rhinoplasty before and after pictures
Is rhinoplasty difficult?
This process is a bit complicated, due to several factors as the nose is a complex three-dimensional shape located in the middle of the face, and the changes made to the nose are often very small.
You can also read : Surgical lip reduction.
Will I need to stay in the hospital after surgery?
The patient can safely leave the hospital on the same day of the surgery.
But in rare cases, you may stay overnight if you have nausea or other health problems that need to be monitored.
What is the recovery time?
You'll gradually feel better each day for the first week after surgery, and then after another week, people usually feel like they're back to normal again.
Most people return to their lives after two to four weeks.
Is rhinoplasty painful?
This procedure is not painful for most people and the pain disappears quickly after the surgery, thanks to the painkillers prescribed by your plastic surgeon.
Is rhinoplasty dangerous?
All surgeries are serious, but the risks are small and complications are rare and include:
- Allergic reaction to anesthesia.
- Scarring at the base of the nose.
- Bursting of small blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
- Nerve damage.
What is the appropriate age for rhinoplasty?
Teenagers shouldn't have this operation until the nose has reached its adult size, and this usually happens around age 15 or 16 for girls, and a year or so later for boys.
In conclusion, you should know that there is no perfect nose, however, surgery can enhance the features of your face and emphasize your natural beauty.
If you are looking for the best place to perform a rhinoplasty, you can go to the Freshness Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser in Hurghada.