If you are looking for High pressure dietDo not look beyond the healthy and tried-and-true Dash diet, where you can get perfect results with it, but before you follow it, you should get a doctor’s advice from the Freshness Center for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetic in Hurghada, so as not to expose yourself to risks.
About diet for high blood pressure patients
If you are among the many people who suffer from high blood pressure, know that there is hope if you want to lower it. Sure, there are some factors that are completely out of your control when it comes to developing this condition - think genetics and family history.
However, there are factors that play a role in the health of blood pressure and can be completely modified. From introducing more physical activity into your day to not smoking tobacco, there are many things you can do to lower your high blood pressure.
Among the sea of things that people can do to help lower their blood pressure levels is diet, which has been shown to be very promising. For more than 20 years, following the DASH diet has been shown to lower blood pressure among those with high blood pressure, making it the number one diet to lower high blood pressure, according to studies.
Why is the DASH diet the best diet for lowering high blood pressure?
The DASH diet is a way of eating that was developed to stop high blood pressure. Unlike many innovative diets, the DASH diet has been popular since the early 1990s, and it hasn't stopped any time soon, thanks to the results people who follow this diet have seen.
If you are following the DASH diet for blood pressure patients, plant foods will make up the bulk of your plate. Foods, such as fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, and legumes, will be the shining stars. Ultra-processed foods that contain large amounts of added sugars and salt will rarely show up.
In general, here are some important tips to follow when incorporating the DASH diet for people with hypertension into your lifestyle:
- Focus on vegetables, fruits and whole grains.
- Include fat-free or low-fat dairy products, legumes, nuts, and vegetable oils.
- Limit your intake of poultry, meat and fish to no more than two servings per day.
- Limit foods high in saturated fat, such as fatty meats, full-fat dairy products, and oils.
- Limit sugar-sweetened foods and drinks.
- Cut back on alcohol.
- Limit your sodium intake to less than 2,300 mg/day
- Besides focusing on some foods and limiting them.
Along with emphasizing and limiting certain foods, the DASH diet suggests focusing on specific nutrients. Calcium, magnesium and potassium are micronutrients that play a role in regulating blood pressure and are thus highlighted in this diet.
The nutrients provided by this diet help the body support blood pressure in a natural way. From fiber to calcium to the many other micronutrients this way of eating provides, the DASH diet is definitely an evidence-based approach to blood pressure management that can lower high blood pressure in as little as two weeks.
You can also read: nutrition"
Important tips for following the DASH diet for high blood pressure patients
Unfortunately, high blood pressure is very common. But with a few changes in eating habits, it's entirely possible to lower your blood pressure naturally, especially by following the DASH diet.
When getting started on the DASH diet, here are some tips to help you get going:
- Enjoy a serving of fresh or frozen fruit as an after-meal dessert instead of a sugar-sweetened dessert, such as frozen grapes.
- Add unexpected greens to your traditional dishes, like adding sweet potatoes to our Chicken Chili With Sweet Potatoes.
- Replace fatty cuts of meat with chicken breast or other lean options.
- Explore meatless lunch options, such as a veggie and hummus sandwich instead of a hearty meat sandwich.
- Use herbs and spices instead of table salt to add flavor to your dishes.
- Drink soaked water or sparkling carbonated water instead of sugar-sweetened beverages.
- Use your own salad dressing, such as an all-purpose vinaigrette, instead of using ready-made options that tend to be high in sodium.
- When preparing breakfast, choose Options Whole grainsLike peanut butter, banana, and cinnamon toast instead of opting for toast made with white bread.
- Use whole grains as the basis of your dishes.
You can also read: Obesity diet"
After getting to know Diet for pressure patients Represented here in the Dash diet, the follow-up of the doctor at the Freshness Center for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology in Hurghada is necessary, to follow the development of your condition and benefit from this diet.