Bikini laser hair removal targets the hair on the sides of the pubic area and sometimes the top.
This method helps to get rid of excess hair and gives long-term results.
There will be no need to use traditional hair removal methods such as shaving, waxing and plucking.
Learn about hair removal services at Nadara Dermatology, Cosmetology and Laser Center in Hurghada by following this article.
What is the bikini laser hair removal technique?
This technique is one of the latest technologies used in the female cosmetic world, as it enables her to permanently remove unwanted hair in the pubic area, bikini line and labia.
This helps you look and feel your best when wearing a bikini.
The laser sends light pulses to the follicles of each hair, and works to destroy the roots so that the hair cannot grow again.
The natural hair growth cycle includes three phases, and the laser is only effective when the hair is in the active growth phase.
This area is one of the easiest and quickest to treat, and most laser procedures can be completed in less than one hour.
Who Eligible For Bikini Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal works for people of all skin types, but people with fair skin and dark hair tend to see the best results.
People who have thinning hair need more sessions, and they are less ideal for this procedure as the laser does not focus well on un-pigmented hair.
Also, people who have blonde, gray, or white hair tend to have more sessions than others.
People who are not eligible for laser hair removal
You may be among the cases not eligible for laser hair removal in the following cases:
- If you suffer bacterial skin infectionor infections in the treated area.
- Women during last pregnancy and breastfeeding.
You can also read : Sensitive area care.
Advantages of laser hair removal for bikini
The benefits of laser hair removal include:
- Each pulse takes a split second and can treat many hairs at the same time.
- It gives permanent results after an average of 3 to 7 sessions.
- It does not cause any serious skin complications.
- It is a non-invasive and minimally invasive technique.
- It can be a good option for those who have excess body hair and are looking for a safe and effective way to permanently remove hair.
Tips before laser bikini hair removal
The first step in treatment is to schedule an appointment to consult a dermatologist at the nadara Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser in Hurghada.
The doctor will give you an estimate of how many treatments you will need, and explain how the laser works. What do you do before and after each session?
Pre-procedure instructions include:
- Stop plucking and waxing about 6 weeks before the treatment, as the hair follicles must be healthy for the laser to work properly.
- Do not use tanning products so that your skin has normal levels of melanin during treatment.
- Avoid taking certain medications in the days leading up to the session, such as blood thinners and non-steroidal pain relievers such as ibuprofen and aspirin.
- You can remove the hair in the treated area the day before the session.
- You may want to take pictures of the area so that you can compare before and after results.
- Take a shower and clean your bikini area well, then pat it dry as usual, but don't use any lotions or moisturizing creams.
- The skin should be clean, dry, and free of all skin care products at the time of treatment.
- Apply a local anesthetic 20 to 30 minutes before the procedure to relieve pain.
- You and your doctor will need to wear eye goggles.
- A cold gel can be applied to the skin before the sessions begin, as this helps the laser light penetrate the skin better.
- If you have dark skin, you may be advised to apply a skin bleaching complex to the treated area.
You can also read : Laser vaginal tightening.
Bikini laser hair removal results
You can expect a decrease in the number of hairs in the treated area immediately after the procedure, and after two to eight weeks of sessions the hair will grow again, but to a lesser extent.
The hair begins to fall out automatically after that, and when it grows it is 20-25% lighter than before.
You will need multiple treatment sessions before you see the final results.
Instructions after laser hair removal sessions
People who do not pay attention to the treated area can experience more serious side effects such as scarring andulceration.
You should follow the aftercare plan recommended by dermatologists at Nadara Skin, Cosmetic and Laser Center in Hurghada, Red Sea Governorate, and it includes the following:
- Avoid exposure to the sun's harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing that is not tight on the treated area.
- Avoid getting into swimming pools, hot tubs, steam rooms and other activities that may cause excessive sweating.
- You'll need to gently exfoliate the skin in preparation for each session, as well as avoid using very hot or cold water.
- Use cold compresses, ice packs, or anti-inflammatory preparations on the treatment area.
- Avoid putting perfumes or any creams on the skin until at least 48 hours after the end of the sessions.
- Refrain from strenuous exercise.
You can also read : Don't do this to your skin | Pre-wedding disasters for the skin.
Disadvantages of bikini laser hair removal
Everyone's body reacts differently to laser hair removal, and some people may be affected by minor side effects.
In the first few hours after the session, some slight redness or swelling of the skin may appear, and the treated area looks like it has a sunburn.
But most side effects subside within a few hours of treatment.
Some patients may also experience slight itching in the hours after treatment, but this feeling goes away on its own.
Dark-skinned people are more likely (but rare) to develop pimples, and changes in skin color may occur.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bikini Laser Hair Removal
Is laser hair removal in the bikini area painful?
This procedure does not cause any pain, but some cases can feel very slight discomfort, often like the sensation of a rubber band on the skin.
The dermatologist at the nadara clinic uses local anesthesia to relieve pain, and reduce the feeling of any discomfort during the sessions.
What is the cost of bikini laser hair removal?
The cost depends on the amount of hair removed from the area and the number of pulses used in the treatment.
It also varies based on the type and thickness of hair, skin, size of the treated area, and time required for treatment.
How many sessions do I need for laser hair removal in the bikini area?
There is no specific number of treatments that can be expected to remove hair in this area.
Some people may need more sessions than others to stop hair growth from the bikini line.
The final number of sessions may range from 6 to 8 sessions, separated by one month.
You need to repeat the sessions thereafter every six months, and then once a year to maintain results.