High cholesterol is one of the diseases that has become common, but neglect in its treatment leads to the appearance of cholesterol deposits around the eye, as well as fat under the eye, which is a skin disease. Therefore, you can now treat cholesterol deposits around the eye in Hurghada. The appearance of cholesterol deposits around the eyes or yellow plaque is an alarming sign that may mean serious diseases. Therefore, Nadara Center for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology provides you with the most skilled doctors and the latest technologies that help you treat cholesterol deposits around the eye and ensure your safety.
In addition, it leads to the appearance of yellow spots or what is scientifically known as “Afor yellow plaqueOr “seborrheic seborrhea” or “seborrheic eczema” inside the eyelid, and although it is not harmful, it causes anxiety for many. Therefore, they need treatment as well as removal of fat under the eye in Hurghada. Sometimes the appearance of yellow plaque is evidence of other diseases such as heart disease, but do not worry, we can remove cholesterol fats under the eyes in Hurghada in the best cosmetic and laser centers in Egypt, Nadara Clinic Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetic in Hurghada.
But let's first get acquainted with the treatment of cholesterol deposits around the eye in Hurghada, as well as the removal of cholesterol fats under the eyes in Hurghada at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology in Hurghada and the Red Sea.
What is Cholesterol?
Cholesterol is a naturally occurring fatty compound found in the body and the foods we eat. Cholesterol plays an important role in many bodily functions, including building cell membranes, producing hormones and bile salts, as well as vitamin D. Cholesterol is divided into two main types: good cholesterol (HDL) and bad cholesterol (LDL). Good cholesterol removes harmful fats from the body and protects the heart and blood vessels. As for bad cholesterol, when it is high in the blood, it can build up in the blood vessels and lead to hardening of the arteries and an increased risk of cardiovascular disease.
The level of cholesterol in the body is also affected by various factors, including heredity, diet and lifestyle. Eating foods rich in saturated fats and cholesterol and low in fiber, lack of regular physical activity, smoking, and obesity can increase bad cholesterol levels in the body.
What is Xanthelasma Cholesterol Deposits?
Xanthelasma can form as yellow deposits around the eyelids and under the eyes. It is also called yellow plaque. They appear as a result of high levels of fats in the blood. The medical term for these deposits is xanthelasma. These yellow spots may not be harmful at first, but they can gradually worsen and cause pain, and may also be a sign of a more serious health problem. They are yellowish-white lumps of fatty material that accumulate under the skin, on the inner parts of the upper and lower eyelids around your eyes, and contain fats including cholesterol. It is known to appear more often in people from the Red Sea region and Asia.
They usually appear between the eye and the nose, and do not impair the function of the eyelids. This means that they have no effect on the ability to blink or to open and close the eyes. They can gradually become larger over time and cause discomfort. Therefore, they need to be removed if they are uncomfortable or for cosmetic reasons. Anyone can develop liposuction around the eye. People with this disorder have too many fats in their bloodstream, such as triglycerides and certain forms of cholesterol.
People who would get cholesterol deposits
- People with hypercholesterolemia, which means that the total cholesterol is greater than 200 milligrams per deciliter.
- hypertriglyceridemia, which means triglycerides above 150 mg/dL.
- High levels of low fat lipoprotein.
- High levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) also known as the good cholesterol, which is defined as higher than 40 mg/dL.
Reasons for the appearance of cholesterol fats around the eye
There are many factors that can cause too much fat in the bloodstream, and in turn lead to the development of this disease around the eye, and some of them are due to genetic reasons, which means that not much can be done to prevent them, and other causes are the result of lifestyle choices or side effects of certain medications .
First: genetic causes
- Family deficiency of apolipoprotein, an enzyme that breaks down fat.
- Familial hypertriglyceridemia, an inherited condition that causes people to have higher amounts of triglycerides in their blood.
- High levels of bad LDL cholesterol in the body and low levels of good HDL cholesterol.
- Dyslipoproteinemia, a genetic condition that causes people to have higher amounts of fat in their blood.
Second: Daily habits
- Consuming meals high in saturated fats and low in unsaturated fats.
- alcohol consumption.
- A diet low in fiber.
- Lack of movement and lack of exercise.
- beta blockers;
- Contraceptive tablets.
- Medicines containing estrogen.
- Protease inhibitors.
- Antiepileptic drugs.
Certain diseases also contribute to the development of cholesterol deposits. This is because these diseases can increase the concentration of fats in the blood, and sometimes the cause of cholesterol deposits around the eyes is unknown. Among these diseases are:
- Cardiovascular disease.
- Patients with coronary artery blockage.
- Kidney disease.
Places of cholesterol deposits
- Upper eyelid: Cholesterol deposits appear around the eye, but are often concentrated in the upper eyelid, but do not affect eyelashes movement.
- Lower eyelid under the eye: Cholesterol fats appear under the eye in the form of prominent bumps around the eye and on the eyelid. Their color may be white or yellow, and their shapes are uneven and soft. Xanthelasma also appears in a group of plaques or just one.
- The inner corner of the eye: It is considered one of the most common areas in the corner between the nose and the mouth, and it may increase in size, which leads to discomfort and the need to remove cholesterol deposits around the eye in Hurghada.
The doctor diagnosed before the cholesterol deposits around the eye
Cholesterol deposits around the eye (xanthelasma) is a symptom of a buildup of cholesterol in the tiny blood vessels in the skin around the eye. The presence of these deposits indicates an abnormality in the levels of fats in the blood. Therefore, when visiting the doctor at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology in Hurghada and the Red Sea, the doctor may follow the following steps to diagnose the condition of cholesterol deposits around the eye, as well as to determine the method of removing cholesterol under the eye in Hurghada:
- Medical history and symptoms: Your doctor may ask you to provide a personal and family medical history to understand possible contributing factors to cholesterol buildup. Then you should tell him about symptoms associated with cholesterol deposits around the eye, such as pain, itching or swelling.
- Physical examination: The doctor will carefully review the patient's eye area to check for cholesterol deposits. This requires direct examination and examination of the area with a magnifying lamp. He or she may also ask you to determine if you have cholesterol buildup in other areas of the body.
- Laboratory tests: Your doctor may recommend certain laboratory tests to evaluate levels of fats in your blood, especially total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, and triglycerides. This may require a blood sample to be taken for analysis.
Preparations before treating cholesterol deposits around the eye
- Not exposing the eyes to the midday sun at peak time.
- Stop applying cosmetics about two weeks before starting treatment.
- Avoid applying creams or skin care products.
- Do not take medications that contain blood thinners such as ibuprofen and anti-inflammatories.
- Stop taking vitamins or nutritional supplements.
- Stop smoking about two weeks before starting treatment.
- Do not eat or drink according to the period of time that the plastic surgery doctor and the dermatologist at Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology will tell you.
- Thoroughly clean the yellow plaque site before visiting Nadara Clinic Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology in Hurghada in the Red Sea Governorate.
Methods of cholesterol deposits treatment
Cholesterol deposits around the eye “Xanthelasma”, as well as cholesterol fats under the eyes, usually do not cause pain, but in some cases they may cause heaviness in closing the eyes and an unaesthetic appearance. The patient has to remove cholesterol fat under the eye in Hurghada. In all cases, the patient needs to remove fat under the eye in Hurghada to see a doctor to check on his safety. The dermatologist and cosmetologist also chooses the most suitable method for treating cholesterol deposits around the eye in Hurghada.
First: Cholesterol deposits treatment around the eye in Hurghada
1- Surgical treatment of cholesterol deposits around the eye
Surgical removal, using a very small blade, is usually the first option and is the oldest in the treatment of cholesterol deposits around the eye in Hurghada. Also, the recovery period after the operation to remove fat under the eye is not less than four weeks.
2- Removing cholesterol deposits by ironing
Cauterization with chemical acids is also used to remove plaque, without leaving too many scars for the brain to be injected. Among the most widely used types of acids are chlorinated acetic acids, the most important of which is trichloroacetic acid, which is used in Nadara Clinic in the treatment of cholesterol deposits around the eye in Hurghada.
3- cooling to treat cholesterol deposits around the eye
Cryotherapy is frequently used by the best dermatologists at Nadara Clinic, but this carries the risk of scarring and changes in skin pigmentation. However, the number of necessary sessions must be completed in full as determined by the best dermatologists and plastic surgeons at Nadara Center in Hurghada.
4- Treatment of cholesterol deposits with laser
The best fractional dermatologist uses carbon dioxide laser to remove fat deposits around the eyes in Hurghada at Nadara Clinic. He may also use the argon laser, which has the highest success rate. The final treatment with fractional laser, with the follow-up of the doctor, is one of the best and fastest modern treatment methods. Thus, it is characterized by the absence of scars like surgical intervention.
Second: Cholesterol fat removal under the eye
Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetology in Hurghada provides you with the best doctors in the Red Sea. It also has the latest devices and equipment that enable you to remove cholesterol under the eyes in Hurghada safely and quickly. As we mentioned, cholesterol fats are fat-filled spots that gather under the skin around the eyes and appear yellow, and in most cases they appear in the upper eyelid in the inner region.
Although its name is cholesterol fat, it is not strong evidence that the patient has high levels of cholesterol. On the contrary, yellow plaque fat appeared in many cases whose cholesterol levels were completely normal. It is also more prevalent in women around their eyes than in men, specifically in women over thirty years and men over 50 years. Unfortunately, with the passage of time, yellow plaque fat may grow and become larger, so it needs to be removed. There are several ways to treat it, and the appropriate method of treatment is determined by the doctor, and among the treatment methods:
1- Removing cholesterol fat under the eye in
The use of medication to remove cholesterol fats under the eyes, where in simple cases, the patient is given drugs that suppress cholesterol fats, such as simvastatin.
The dermatologist at the Nadara Clinic may also resort to chemical peeling consisting of trichloroacetic acid, but despite the advantages and its ability to achieve simple results at a lower than average cost. However, it has many drawbacks, such as leaving scars on the face and requires a long period of treatment, and doing it requires skill and high precision from the doctor.
2- Treating cholesterol fats under the eye by cooling
Cholesterol under eye fat is treated by freezing with extreme cold to stop its growth. Where the best dermatologist uses liquid nitrogen gas to do the cooling, and then the doctor removes the frozen part of the fat deposits, but this method is not common.
3- Laser removal of cholesterol under the eyes in Hurghada
The use of cosmetic lasers to treat cholesterol deposits under the eyes is a very popular treatment. Where laser treatment is one of the best ways to remove cholesterol under the eyes in Hurghada and the safest for the eye.
The laser technology is based on vaporizing the tissues in which the plaque appeared, and it is better to expedite its removal with a laser so that it does not leave a trace on the face after removal. However, the patient must pay attention, as all these treatments, especially the laser, will not prevent yellow plaque from reappearing, and it also causes infection and reproduction in the eye, so it is better to remove it.
4- Using the electric needle to treat fat under the eye
This treatment uses radio waves to remove xanthelasma. Sometimes a needle is used to empty the cholesterol fat from the inside and make medical stitches after that, but this method leaves a mark on the face after removal.
5- Cholesterol fat removal surgery under the eye
Several surgical techniques have been used recently, which greatly help in getting rid of xanthelasma, and the affected tissues are cut out. However, the majority of patients do not prefer this method because it requires experienced and skilled doctors to carry out this operation. This is what we provide for you through our first center in the Al-Ahmar region for laser surgeries, Nadara Clinic for Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetic Surgery in Hurghada. Where there are the best plastic surgeons in Hurghada and the Red Sea.
Side effects after treating cholesterol deposits
The treatment of fat deposits around the eyes in Hurghada as well as the removal of cholesterol fats under the eyes will cause temporary side effects. However, you must follow the instructions of the dermatologist and plastic surgeon at Nadara Clinic in Hurghada in order to recover faster. Among these effects:
- The pain is simple.
- eyelid redness;
- Eyelid color change.
Instructions after Cholesterol under eye fat treatment
In order for the recovery period to take place quickly and to achieve your main goal, which is the treatment of cholesterol deposits around the eyes in Hurghada, you must follow the instructions of the dermatologist in Hurghada. Among the most important of these instructions:
- Avoid touching the treated area.
- Do not wash the eye area without consulting a doctor.
- Do not apply creams or cosmetics.
- Keep the area around the eyes clean.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or sports so as not to sweat.
- Stay away from the heat, saunas, and warm water.
- Avoid exposure to the sun.
Ways to prevent eye cholesterol deposits
- Exercising continuously for at least 30 minutes daily.
- Maintaining healthy food.
- Reducing the intake of saturated fats.
- Maintain the intake of fiber and different types of protein.
- Eat foods that contain antioxidants, fatty acids and omega-3.
- Stop smoking or drinking alcohol completely.
- Maintaining a lower cholesterol level or taking a cholesterol-lowering drug, with the advice of a doctor.
- Regular medical examination if your family has hereditary hyperlipidemia.
- Stop taking medications that cause high cholesterol and ask your doctor to give you safe alternatives.
- Use trusted face creams.
- Ensure that the face and the skin around the eyes are constantly clean.
- Do not touch the yellow plaque to avoid spreading the infection to other places.
- Treating the consequences of diabetes.
- Make warm water compresses for the eye to keep it safe.
Consequences of not treating cholesterol
Studies reveal that untreated high cholesterol levels can lead to serious health risks. Here are some potential complications of not treating your cholesterol levels:
- Cardiovascular disease.
- Liver diseases.
- Gallstones form.
- Circulatory problems as well as blood pressure.
In the end, if cholesterol appears under the eyes already, it is best to see a doctor immediately. Because, as we mentioned, it may be an indication of another disease. If you suffer from yellow plaque, our doctors will help you choose the most appropriate way to remove cholesterol fat under the eyes in Hurghada, as well as treat cholesterol deposits around the eye in Hurghada. Do not hesitate to visit us at Nadara Clinic for dermatology, laser and cosmetology in Hurghada.
How can I book an appointment for Cholesterol around the eye treatment?
Does high cholesterol cause swelling under the eyes?
The appearance of puffiness under the eye is an indication of an increase in the level of cholesterol in the blood, so the cholesterol fat under the eye must be removed in Hurghada at Nadara Clinic.
What is the cause of fat above the eye?
Yellow plaque, cholesterol deposits, or xanthelasma are caused by excess fat in the blood and high cholesterol, which can lead to heart and liver disease, as well as blood pressure.
What is eye cholesterol?
Eye cholesterol or xanthelasma is a medical term called cholesterol deposits around the eye or cholesterol fats under the eye and appears in the form of yellow or white bumps as a result of an increase in the level of cholesterol in the body.
How much is the treatment of cholesterol deposits around the eye?
The dermatologist and cosmetologist at Nadara Clinic chooses the best way to remove yellow plaque, such as surgery, fractional laser, cooling, electrocautery, as well as medication.