Your lips are dry and you suffer from dry lips … This is a problem that people suffer from because of the dry and cold weather, especially in the winter season.
They appear as dry, cracked lips, sometimes worse with redness and irritation.
There are many reasons including:
There are many causes of dry and chapped lips, including:
- General dry skin or eczema
- Mouth breathing due to cold or flu
- Sensitivity to toothpaste, certain fragrances in food, or even cosmetics
- Licking your lips (wetting your lips with saliva in your mouth) aggravates dryness, even if it is a temporary moisturizing of the lips, since the composition of saliva greatly increases the sensitivity and irritation of the lips.
- In addition to some skin diseases that affect the lips
All this distorts the appearance of the lips, which are one of the most prominent signs of beauty in women
Methods of prevention
- In order to protect the lips and treat the problems of cracking and dry lips, focus first on continuous hydration, whether it is a lip balm in the form of a pen, or an unscented medical Vaseline ointment that provides high hydration and protection at the same time.
- Drink the right amount of water
- Avoid irritating foods
- While using toothpaste (you can apply a layer of Vaseline to your lips before brushing to create a protective layer of skin)
- Avoid matte or non-drying lipstick
- Of course see Dermatologist In severe cases
- Lip fillers can help treat dry and chapped lips because the filler contains a high concentration of hyaluronic acid that provides strong hydration to the lips.
- Cosmetic procedures that improve the look and feel of the lips are also plasma injections and laser peels